Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What turns you on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can start up the PC and search the web for just about anything these days,and I will admit it is amazing what is out there.Lets take vintage watches for instance,click open ebay, type in you favorite maker a away you go,amazing!No rooting throught antique shops,flea markets,or old watch shops.I have to say it kind of takes the fun out of it,finding that old pocket watch hidden away in an old watch shop,that no one ever picked up,hitting a yard sale that an elderly person has some great old clothes out for sale, you may say that all the so called good stuff has be rifled through by the greedy antique buyers,it`s still out there,patience is all it takes.In this got to have it now society no one can wait,get it now we say who nows what will happen tomorrow.Tomorrow "usually" comes.What turns me on is always looking in the thrift stores,those yard sales,the flea markets,no not the Brimfield Fair in Mass,but those out of the way places,where you really never know what you will find.Somewhere out there is that pre war Martin D18 guitar under someones bed or in the closet,it may surface at a yard sale,you never know.Thats what turns me on!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
What turns me on? The sound of a merlin!
It turns me on so much, that I have downloaded the sound to my PC.
Everytime I get a mail, I hear that sound. Wonderfull.:)

Warbaby

One Too Many
bburtner@moran said:
What turns me on is always looking in the thrift stores,those yard sales,the flea markets,no not the Brimfield Fair in Mass,but those out of the way places,where you really never know what you will find.Somewhere out there is that pre war Martin D18 guitar under someones bed or in the closet,it may surface at a yard sale,you never know.Thats what turns me on!

That, Mr.Burtner, is exactly what turns me on. Markets, yard sales and junkshops are what I live for. It's the treasure hunt, the gamble, the thrill of the chase. And there's nothing like the feeling you get when you find that treasure (and I still find them, in spite of eBay and the Antiques Road Show).

Queue

Familiar Face
Pocket watches

All kinds of stuff but the one that is most germane to the lounge (and appropriate) is pocket watches. I got a beautiful chain for Christmas and I look forward to a heinously large collection eventually. I love the feeling of pulling my watch out of that little pocket that is otherwise useless and even, to an extent, the sidelong looks I get with it.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
the weight of a good leather jacket settling on my shoulders for the day. like a knight putting on armor.

the sound of a Colt 1911 being racked. not in a macho way mind you. my father has always hot-rodded them for serious shooters, so there's a lot of the sounds/smells associated with my childhood.

finding a pair of boots/shoes that fit so well you never want to take them off.

shortbow

Practically Family
When I first read this topic I figured it was a joke. Certain comments about the fairer sex came to mind.

However, now that I see how the creek is flowing: The absolute biggest thrill in my life is casting dry flies to rising trout. When you see the take and you strike, and immediately know you're onto a good one and he takes off with the reel screaming like a banshee----Paradise. Stick a nice cedar and canvas canoe under your butt and a good pipe in your gob, and you've attained the zenith, the ne plus ultra, sublime divine sweet pinnacle of human experience.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
AUSTRALIA_wideweb__470x308,0.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That eureka moment in a difficult crossword puzzle when i solve a word i've been flummoxed by for a while. Such moments are intensified by the always surprising flavor of the morning's first espresso, usually pre-dawn. Ahhhh.

anglophile

One of the Regulars
Sadly....a shiny pair of shell cordovan shoes esp in whiskey or rovello

Also formalwear eiother black or white tie

Anything else I couldn't post here but it's similar to that Nicole Kidman pic:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou