Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What type of umbrella do you favor?

wgnovak

Familiar Face
I've used an Aquascutum folding with maple crook handle made by Fox in England all over the globe since purchasing it in London in 1986. At home recently a single piece Brigg in polished cherry just purchased at JPeterman for about the same price in US Dollers as the Brigg retail price in British pound sterling after using an online discount.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Pictures, pictures, let's have a look at it. My wife treated me to a rather good find, trouble is, the manufacturer's label is missing. Like your Aquascutum, it has a maple crook handle, I would love to find out who made it.

That didn't take much of a search: It's a Fulton.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I have three or four Fultons, though nothing pricey. Can't justify an expensive brolly I'll only lose. Definite preference for manual operation, thought I do have an auto. Straight handles are a dealbreaker: only curved will do.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I started carrying a golf umbrella in my car years ago for pure practicality as it covers myself and my bride better than a regularly sized one. Classy or elegant? Absolutely not. The picture GHT posted is pure elegance, well done, Sir!

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Anything that keeps the rain off, as long as it's not fancy or frilly. Basic black will do, or any solid color as long as it isn't too loud. Absolutely no logos, prints, or advertisements.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I have an old Fox umbrella with a steel tube shaft and wood tip and crook. A very nice umbrella which furls nice and tight, but it needs a new canopy, unfortunately.

Edward

Bartender
I started carrying a golf umbrella in my car years ago for pure practicality as it covers myself and my bride better than a regularly sized one. Classy or elegant? Absolutely not. The picture GHT posted is pure elegance, well done, Sir!

I wish someone would produce an umbrella with the length / span of a golf umbrella, but in a traditional black canopy with curved wooden handle style. You're absolutely right about the limited size of a traditional brolly - last time I shared mine with a lady in heavy rain, the only way to keep her dry was to accept a drenched arm for myself.

I have an old Fox umbrella with a steel tube shaft and wood tip and crook. A very nice umbrella which furls nice and tight, but it needs a new canopy, unfortunately.

Worth havin repaired - they'll do it for you good as new. Won't be cheap, but given the price of a new Fox....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy