Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What vintage do you wear to work...?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just wondering what vintage garb you tend to wear when you go to do a day's work?
My wear, is probably equivalent to an artist's impressionistic view of vintage wear, in that the suit is not vintage, nor the shirt nor tie, nor shoes. But the hat is! But hopefully, overall, it gives an impression of a vintage era. The added bonus is that the work is done at one of England's oldest houses/families, so I can get away with it! The sort of office where people bring their gun-dogs.

Anyway, without futher ado, a few shots, just hot off the press when I got in this evening!

Hopefully, this will encourage others to post their attire. As I'm a pretty visual learner and enjoy 'seeing' pics of what folk wear! :cheers1:
worksuit010.jpg

worksuit009.jpg

worksuit005.jpg

worksuit008.jpg

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
well, I just can?Ǭ¥t go to work without vintage wear and everybody at work thinks I am bit bonkers, but they learned to live with it. Here and there some folks at work even ask where I bought that particular garment. Most days I cant go without my 50?Ǭ¥s clip on or 40?Ǭ¥wide tie, Dockers K-1 or nice high waisted 40?Ǭ¥s originals with braces. Every now and then a suit is necessary but I had to have a couple made to old vintage patterns ( the tailor didnt do a good job though).
Now that it is colder my 1949 Akubra sportsman is an everyday accessory.
And on fridays it will be my 1929 LVC?Ǭ¥s, old gab shirt and my Aero A-2.
Long live the look of the hep !!!!!!
Hey Paddy, you look sooooo serious and cool on those shots !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany