What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Amy Jeanne, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

"People keep askin' me if I'm back and up till now I never really had an answer. Now I'm thinkin'... yeah I'm BACK!!!!"

One of the best "shoot em ups" I've seen in years. Loved "John Wick"!

Worf

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  2. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

"Crimson Peak" - Turrible! Don't waste your money. A marginal ghost story at best. I NEVER thought I'd see Del Toro make a truly BAD movie but this is it. Pretty people, pretty costumes, pretty visuals... terrible script, implausible plot, no chemistry, no heat and no entertainment. It was awful. An HBO movie in about 2 weeks.

Worf

3. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

lol
    A much better movie than I thought it would be. Great action sequences. A cool cast of actors. It was great to see "Mayhem" and "Luther." A lot of fun.
    :D

4. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Last night I watched The Babadook. A good creepy, scary movie, I'm glad my friends recommended it to me.

5. DavidJones

DavidJones One of the Regulars

"The Agony and the Ecstasy" on Netfiix

6. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

I'm back from England! I watched a TON of movies on the flights to and from London, so I have quite a list:

1) Ant-Man (originally saw it in the theater, just as good the second time 'round)
    2) Spy (I actually loved this movie and I don't normally like Melissa McCarthy's movies. Love her in Mike and Molly, but her movies have left me feeling meh. But Spy is fantastic!)
    3) Ocean's 11 (The remake with George Clooney. I never, ever get tired of these movies. So good.)
    4) Paddington (as I stayed in the Paddington area when I was in London, of course I had to watch this movie! It was delightful. And made me homesick for England, even though I'd only left it a few hours prior!)
    5) The Lost Boys. (First time for me to see this 80s horror comedy. It was, um, definitely an 80s movie. :D)

2jakes likes this.
  7. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

⬆️ Welcome back, your posts were missed. I hope you had a great time. Perhaps in the Observation Section you can tell us about the Vintage / Golden Era aspects of your trip? Love to hear as I'm sure you saw some great WWII and other history.

8. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Thanks! So glad to be back, though I can't say I'm glad to be back at the day job. Had such a great time in England as did my daughter. It was challenging to get ourselves from point A to point B on all our adventures, but we did it! :)

9. Thumper15

Thumper15 New in Town

Lawless right before I came in to work.

John Wick when I got home this morning. We cut the cable put a year ago, so I read and watch movies more so than anything if I'm not outside. Lawless is one of my favorite movies.

"
    Uh, listen here mister. We got no way understandin’ this world. We got about as much sense of it as bird flyin’ in the sky. There’s a lot that bird don't know, though it don’t change the fact the world is happenin’ to him all the same. What I'm tryin’ to say is, is that the course of your life it is changing, you don't even see it..."

10. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

It Follows
    so scary... ha ha it was an awesome and different kind of horror movie.

11. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

"The Martian" - I give it a solid "C". A familiar story well told. The "brilliant" solution discovered by the NASA nerd would've occurred to any "Trekker" a half hour into the film like it did me. Oh and the "if nothing goes wrong" and don't do any safety tests tropes were so obvious and unnecessary. I almost gave the film a "D" for those two chunks of cheese. It could've been WAY better.

Worf

12. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

"A solid C" - you didn't grow up on my house in which that would have left me out on the street to fend for myself at eight years old. Based on your "C" rating, I have no interest.

13. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Yipes! Tough crowd! In that my Dad was self taught and my Mother made it to High School but quit during the War, the fact that I was in school at all was a blessing far as they were concerned. No, "The Martian" is fine for transcontinental flights and HBO but not for full price at a theatre.

Worf

14. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

My dad "graduated" high school, but I wouldn't put one penny on the line that a diploma could be produced. I think they realized that their kid needed what they didn't have, so they pushed on that (but, basically, were very hands-off parents overall as long as I left them alone - which I learned to do early).

And based on your comments, I get that "The Marian" is fine fluff - wish it was more. You know I am a big fan of yours - but have to give some c*rp if you call a "solid C" okay. Have you picked up a copy of the new Bond novel "Trigger Mortise" yet - it's set back in 1957 and was written to mimic the original Bond novels - my girlfriends Dad read it and like it, so I'm giving it a shot?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  15. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Watching John Carpenter's Halloween at the moment.

17. lolly_loisides

lolly_loisides One Too Many

The Dressmaker. I enjoyed it very much. The storyline is somewhat surreal, but the performances were fantastic & the frocks, oh the frocks!
    Australian humour can be very dry & I'm not sure how well it will translate to the US market, but it's definitely worth a look, if only to see Kate Winslet measure Liam Hemsworth for a suit (apparently it was Kate Winslet & Judy Davis' favourite scene) :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  18. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

We watched Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters in the wardroom last night. So bad it was good! And of course, two words - Gemma Arterton!

19. PeterB

PeterB One of the Regulars

Just watched Face Behind the Mask, with Peter Lorre.

20. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Spy with Melissa McCarthy and Jude Law. Loved it.