Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KY Gentleman said:
"SEVEN" Is on cable tonight. I really like this movie. I heard some talk a couple of years ago that connected "Seven" and "The Usual Suspects".
The conclusion was that Kaiser Sosay was the killer from "Seven"....

I'd like to read that, if only to disagree and demolish it.

Kaiser Sose was an avenging angel and a businessman, he'd never stoop to something as banal as serial murder.

Antje

One Too Many
cassylynn said:
Received the "Black Book" from Netflix yesterday and watched that last evening. I really enjoyed it even though it was subtitled. I loved Ellis' red evening gown :D I watch movies for the clothing and props.

oh i just love black book, and I first was told I had to watch it because of the looks, I myself did'nt want to see another ww2 movie, but i loved this one.
my last movies where
wuthering heights
war and peace

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
carebear said:
I'd like to read that, if only to disagree and demolish it.

Kaiser Sose was an avenging angel and a businessman, he'd never stoop to something as banal as serial murder.

That was just a frivolous comment I made and not based on anything in print. Sorry.
But both movies came out in '95 and since Kevin Spacey played an enigmatic character in both I did hear a comparison made that made me think.
At the end of "Usual Suspects" the Spacey character "Verbal" disappears into the city. Chaz P discovers nothing about "Verbal" is what he thought it was but its too late. I myself was led to believe Verbal was Sose(?).
"John Doe" appears out of nowhere in "Se7en" and through his crimes tries to teach "the wages of Sin" (especially the "7 Deadlies").
He is found to be wealthy and self sufficient, yet no clues to where he gets his means. He's never identified in the movie. He intends to die at the end without anyone ever knowing who he was.
What would Sose have to live for after "Suspects" ? He's rich but his family is gone. Its been awhile since I've seen "The Usual Suspects" but thats what I recall.
When I heard about it 10 years or so ago it was put out in the same vein as the coincidences you find when you play "Dark Side of the Moon" and watch "The Wizard of Oz". Not intended but kind of neat.
Sorry I ran so long, I wanted to clarify I wasn't stating a fact.
I guess I was spreading rumors....just meant for fun.:D

zaika

One Too Many
there will be blood

it was either brilliant or just really wierd. i can't decide yet. i guess i'll have to watch it again. [huh]

i also watched the monastery: mr. vig and the nun

it was really great. i love documentaries...so maybe i'm biased...but this was great.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
KY Gentleman said:
That was just a frivolous comment I made and not based on anything in print. Sorry.
But both movies came out in '95 and since Kevin Spacey played an enigmatic character in both I did hear a comparison made that made me think.
At the end of "Usual Suspects" the Spacey character "Verbal" disappears into the city. Chaz P discovers nothing about "Verbal" is what he thought it was but its too late. I myself was led to believe Verbal was Sose(?).
"John Doe" appears out of nowhere in "Se7en" and through his crimes tries to teach "the wages of Sin" (especially the "7 Deadlies").
He is found to be wealthy and self sufficient, yet no clues to where he gets his means. He's never identified in the movie. He intends to die at the end without anyone ever knowing who he was.
What would Sose have to live for after "Suspects" ? He's rich but his family is gone. Its been awhile since I've seen "The Usual Suspects" but thats what I recall.
When I heard about it 10 years or so ago it was put out in the same vein as the coincidences you find when you play "Dark Side of the Moon" and watch "The Wizard of Oz". Not intended but kind of neat.
Sorry I ran so long, I wanted to clarify I wasn't stating a fact.
I guess I was spreading rumors....just meant for fun.:D

Well I love Usual Suspects, it has been a favorite since it came out - but Soze is very different from John Doe, I also cannot see him turning into a serial killer.. Kevin Spacey is brilliant as Soze though, he is such a great actor.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Our Man Flint and we discovered that it's time for a new copy of In Like Flint.

Next on the agenda is to find a copy of White Mischief. I have finally worked out how to hook up my comupter to the current TV so I can play non-US formats on the larger screen. However, the only copies I am finding have subtitles and one was dubbed. I am hoping to find a UK release in English. I had hoped the news of the murder being solved would have prompted a re-release and a US release.

WH1

Practically Family
Hatari!

Great movie, a lot of fun and some great adventurer clothes and gear. I particularly like the outfit John Wayne wears in the final scene of the movie, great jacket. It is a great example of the light hearted adventure movies they can't seem to make these days. No CGI, just good stunts and a decent storyline. Ever since I saw this as a kid I have wanted to go to Africa.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
AmateisGal said:
Kung Fu Panda. I LOVED it and I'm usually a very big critic of animated films. But this one was extremely well done.

kung-fu-panda-1.jpg

Me too. Took my three year old and we both had fun. Much better than our last trip to the movies (Speed Racer) where he had a blast and I was nauseous.

BegintheBeguine

vonwotan said:
Next on the agenda is to find a copy of White Mischief. I have finally worked out how to hook up my comupter to the current TV so I can play non-US formats on the larger screen. However, the only copies I am finding have subtitles and one was dubbed. I am hoping to find a UK release in English. I had hoped the news of the murder being solved would have prompted a re-release and a US release.
That VHS is waiting for me to pick up at my library. If you're interested I'll be glad to share it with you.
Ashley

vonwotan

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
That VHS is waiting for me to pick up at my library. If you're interested I'll be glad to share it with you.
Ashley

Ashely - Thank you!!! If only I still had my VCR. :( Unfortunately my old VCR went out with most of the contents of my storage locker in the last move. Eventually I should be able to locate one of the DVDs released in the UK.

BegintheBeguine

My pleasure, vonwotan. Do let me know if you buy a VCR at a yard sale and change your mind. ;)
My mom and I saw White Mischief in New York City when it came out. Something reminded me of it last week so I put in a reserve for it at the library.
The last movie I watched was Fritz Lang's Secret Beyond the Door, again. Loved it.
Ashley

vonwotan

Practically Family
Ashley - Thanks again. Will do. Did you see it at the theater below the Plaza? I saw it the weekend it was released in that theater with my mother as well...
Cheers.

BegintheBeguine said:
My pleasure, vonwotan. Do let me know if you buy a VCR at a yard sale and change your mind. ;)
My mom and I saw White Mischief in New York City when it came out. Something reminded me of it last week so I put in a reserve for it at the library.
The last movie I watched was Fritz Lang's Secret Beyond the Door, again. Loved it.
Ashley

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Since You Went Away. I've seen it many times but there's still portions of that film that make me choke up. Great cinematography and Joseph Cotten is dishy as all get out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters