Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

...The new trailer for Thor 3: Ragnarok is Disney and Marvel's most watched trailer EVER. And boy, was it good. So, so good. Cate Blanchett looks scary cool...

Ridiculously great use of Zep's "The Immigrant Song."

Cate Blanchett is one of the few actresses today that holds her own with Hollywood's Golden Era greats.

...BUT, I will say that the trailer for Wonder Woman looks fantastic. That is probably the only DC movie I will watch. IMO, they screwed up big time when they cast Ben Affleck as Batman. Christian Bale pretty much owns that role now, and Ben Affleck simply cannot compare.

Hollywood should either have gotten Bale again or waited twenty or so years - because, as you said, he owns that role for this generation.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Clint Walker trivia
From Wikipedia:
In May 1971, Walker narrowly escaped death in a skiing accident at Mammoth Mountain, California. In a fall from a ski lift, Walker was pierced through the heart with a ski pole. He was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. However, a doctor detected faint signs of life and rushed Walker to surgery, where his damaged heart was repaired. Within two months, Walker was working again.

:D

WOW. That's one TOUGH guy! He's also great in his role in The Dirty Dozen.

Clint Walker trivia
From Wikipedia:
In May 1971, Walker narrowly escaped death in a skiing accident at Mammoth Mountain, California. In a fall from a ski lift, Walker was pierced through the heart with a ski pole. He was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead. However, a doctor detected faint signs of life and rushed Walker to surgery, where his damaged heart was repaired. Within two months, Walker was working again.

And that's with 1971 medical expertise and technology.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Clint Walker trivia
From Wikipedia:

I read that too.. Whatta HE MAN! Could you just imagine him sayin'...

"Go ahead.... Pull it out doc..."

Wowsers!

Worf

PS: Played a Tarzan like character in a Bowery Boys movie. Hilarious!

Clint Walker trivia
From Wikipedia:

Thinking more about this. The heart is basically a big muscle with four chambers that pumps (and spruces up) blood - how did a ski pole pierce his heart and not kill him / how did he not die from internal hemorrhaging? That is amazing.

Thinking more about this. The heart is basically a big muscle with four chambers that pumps (and spruces up) blood - how did a ski pole pierce his heart and not kill him / how did he not die from internal hemorrhaging? That is amazing.
Tamponade would be my guess--the ski pole that created the wound also "plugged" it well enough to slow the bleeding long enough for Walker to get medical attention. Of course, that's based on the presumption that no one removed the pole until he reached the hospital.

I read that too.. Whatta HE MAN! Could you just imagine him sayin'...

"Go ahead.... Pull it out doc..."

Wowsers!

Worf

PS: Played a Tarzan like character in a Bowery Boys movie. Hilarious!
I would not be surprised if he was the one who pulled it out. Even with the faintest of heart beat, he was probably more of a man than the rest of us. He is/was the original Mountain of a man (sorry Leslie West).

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Family over for Good Friday, the grups sat down as a group to watch Snatch, which amazingly several of the group had never seen!

"Boris? Boris the bullet dodger?"

"Why do they call him the bullet dodger"?

"Because he dodges bullets Avi"!

Family over for Good Friday, the grups sat down as a group to watch Snatch, which amazingly several of the group had never seen!

"Boris? Boris the bullet dodger?"

"Why do they call him the bullet dodger"?

"Because he dodges bullets Avi"!
One of the few dialogue exchanges in the movie that doesn't require having the expletives excised in order to be appropriate for this forum. :D Solid movie, but I thought Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels was more fun.

"Curse of the Werewolf" - With a young... VERY young Oliver Reed.

Worf
Curse of the Werewolf is not only one of the few Hammer films I've seen more than once, it's the one I've seen the most. I'm sure fans throughout the years have been disappointed because this movie which has the word "werewolf" in it's title has relatively little werewolf in it, but for me it just works, due in no small part to Mr. Reed's performance.

Last night on HBO, Suicide Squad. It was just okay at its best but overall not even that good.

Right now on TCM, The Set-Up. I have seen it a number of times and still enjoy it. Great cinematography. The perfect movie for Eddie Muller on Noir Alley considering his two entertaining boxing novels. If I remember correctly, Muller's father covered the boxing beat for a San Francisco area newspaper.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Curse of the Werewolf is not only one of the few Hammer films I've seen more than once, it's the one I've seen the most. I'm sure fans throughout the years have been disappointed because this movie which has the word "werewolf" in it's title has relatively little werewolf in it, but for me it just works, due in no small part to Mr. Reed's performance.
I've only seen it once, years ago, but was impressed in particular with a scene where Reed's character is about to change (for the first time, I think?). He looks like he is going to explode! It's based loosely on a novel by Guy Endore, The Werewolf of Paris. I read it as a kid, but remembered nothing of it when I reread it in the Eighties. It is a little slow, the book I mean, but has a kicker of a last scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner