Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Pip

A-List Customer
Hondo said:
Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate, Selma Blair
The Sweetest Thing :eek: lol

Its terrible that it is one of my fav films, along with "in her shoes" lol lol

Last time film I watched however was "A Matter Of Life and Death" - 1946.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I watched it too - and thought it was pretty good, but I liked the fish-out-of-water first half a lot more than the ultra-violent second half. All the flick's appealing charm and intelligence just drained away...

And Pip, I really tried to like it (I respect director Curtis Hansen a lot!), but I only made it twenty minutes into In Her Shoes ... However, A Matter of Life and Death (aka Stairway to Heaven) is one of my favorite films!

Hondo

One Too Many
The Cecil B. DeMille Collection "The Crusades"

Loretta Young in The Crusades (1935) with De Mille once again mixing piety with prurience in a religious epic that promises plenty of sex but, in classic De Mille fashion, remains steadfastly chaste.
The Crusades is a good example with its characterization of a fictional king "Michael of Russia" when Russia as a state did not even exist.
The Crusades, while not historically accurate has hosts of memorable scenes.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I seem to be stuck in 1981! I'm watching "SOUTHERN COMFORT" from 1981 with Brion James and Peter Coyote, Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe.
Its an excellent film and I suggest you rent it if you haven't seen it.
Even if you've seen it before, give it another look!
Also a super soundtrack by Ry Cooder.

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
What movie??

Just got through watching "The Lost City", staring Andy Garcia, a favorite talent of mine. He not only stared in it, but directed and contributed to the screenplay and music as well. It takes place just as Castro takes over Cuba in January of '59.
It is a far better film than Bob Redford's "Havana", and the music is absolutely fantastic. All that, plus the period-correct clothes are a real bonus for anyone who belongs to the lounge. It's a truly memorable film with only one thing which seemed out of place to me; What the heck is Bill Murray doing in the film????
Other than that, watch it, you won't be disappointed.
Frankie Lamb

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Last night I watched 'Molière' (2007) about the life of the famous 17th century French playwright/actor. It was a comedy/drama and the title character Romaine Duris was a joy to watch.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Last night I watched The Glen Miller Story with Jimmy Stewart, and although I've seen it a gazillion times, I still like it. Such great tunes!

Hondo

One Too Many
Lots of time on me hands last weekend, caught Wings (1927) Clara Bow and Barbara Stanwyck & Henry Fonda in Lady Eve (1941) Criterion Collection, one of two good Standwyck films (the other is Ball of Fire, which I have yet to see) a screw ball comedy with Barbara at her best.

Wings 1927 with Clara Bow, I enjoyed it, kept me glued, I have to find more on Clara Bow, her scenes were very brief , I thought she was fun and beautiful, really a shame the only copy out a Korean import.
I saw Wings on TCM last Sunday also has a short scene with Gary Cooper, which launch his career.
Went to Amazon hoping to score a copy but judging from reviews, Korean import is the only copy available, grainy or jittery screen, not as clear as TCM’s showing, what a bummer, disappointment, no point in purchasing from copy right theft. Any one else have an opinion or a non-Korean import?

A.R. McVintage

Hammer's The Gorgon. Aside from the cheesiest rubbery head this side of a Barbie doll, the faux-gothic quality to these films suckers one in pretty deep.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doomsday

Never have I found a word that fit a movie so perfectly:

RIDICULOUS! Absolutely, utterly, ridiculous.

I loved how nothing in the movie was PC, except for the fact that the movie's hero was a woman! I just thought that 'overlooked' part of it was laughable.

They go from modern Europe, to Thunderdome, to medieval Scotland all in an hour and a half. RIDICULOUS!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic