Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I just watched Velvet Goldmine, and it's just such an amazing movie! I have never seen a movie capture a certain zeitgeist like that, and it's oh so full of very beautiful glam-rock boys.

curtbrianBW.jpg

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
1963's "Charade" starring Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn.
Good movie, great dialogue and a cast including Walter Mathau, James Coburn and George Kennedy! How can you go wrong with that?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Our current film is MONGOL, a sweeping epic of conquest and passion detailing the early life of Genghis Khan. An extraordinary piece of work in the tradition of the grand historical epics of the past -- albeit a bit bloodier. Not for the kiddies, but otherwise highly recommended. Said to be the first of a trilogy, too!

Feraud

Bartender
KY Gentleman said:
"The Killing" with Sterling Hayden and Colleen Gray (1956).
One of Stanley Kubricks early directorial efforts, good heist film.
A great heist film. Some say Tarantino was inspired by Kubrick's non-linear storytelling structure for Pulp Fiction.
Did the clown mask look familiar? ;)

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Feraud said:
A great heist film. Some say Tarantino was inspired by Kubrick's non-linear storytelling structure for Pulp Fiction.
Did the clown mask look familiar? ;)
Its funny but I couldn't help but wonder if Tarantino wasn't HEAVILY influenced by this movie.
The clown mask didn't ring a bell, should it? [huh]

funneman

Practically Family
The Killing

This great film was on again today. Timothy Carey was at his creepy best in this one. Kubrick's "Kiss of a Killer" was on recently too. I really like those black and white crime dramas from the early fifties. I don't know if it's advances in lenses or film stock or both, but films from that era just have such a great look.

Chaplin's silent classic "Modern Times" was on the other night featuring the beautiful
Paulette Goddard. I laughed all the way through.

One of my all time favorites "Dragnet" was on again this morning too.

"Max Troy, Max Troy, Max Troy!" lol

Feraud

Bartender
KY Gentleman said:
Its funny but I couldn't help but wonder if Tarantino wasn't HEAVILY influenced by this movie.
The clown mask didn't ring a bell, should it? [huh]
The clown masks the joker crew wears in The Dark Knight are near identical (at least eerily close) to the mask Sterling Hayden wore at the track heist in The Killing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn