Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Custom79

One of the Regulars
007 - Me too!

I caught Quantum of Solace this weekend as well, and liked it.

I've long since given up comparing one to another in a series. I'm just glad they are still supporting the Ian Fleming series.

I wish they would do the same with westerns. I miss the Duke.

Cheers.

C79

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I too saw Quantum of Solace on opening night. Though not totally a waste, I was disappointed. I agree with the statement that there was a lack of plot and an over abundance of action. I wonder what ever happened to using dialogue in movies...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Von Ryan's Express Frank Sinatra & Trevor Howard lead a group of Allied POW's on an attempted breakout by train from WWII Italy while pursued by German troops.

This is one of my FAVORITE movies. I think Sinatra is fabulous.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Mrs. Merl said:
I too saw Quantum of Solace on opening night. Though not totally a waste, I was disappointed. I agree with the statement that there was a lack of plot and an over abundance of action. I wonder what ever happened to using dialogue in movies...

:eusa_clap
There is no time - or breath - for dialogue, when you have to fly through the air all the time.lol

just_me

Practically Family
Mrs. Merl said:
Unfortunately, this movie (and others) are not targeted at us. They're targeted at movie goers who grew watching The Fast and Furious and Bad Boys type of movies.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
just_me said:
Unfortunately, this movie (and others) are not targeted at us. They're targeted at movie goers who grew watching The Fast and Furious and Bad Boys type of movies.
My son - 20 years old - found it rather boring too. He also looked hard for the plot, the story and the understated british dialogue.
he liked it ok - but as he said: "It's not James Bond! - It's a actionmovie, with a man who doesn't even know what his name is...(my name is Bond, James Bond!) So why should I care, I was amused - and that was that."

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm watching a Western tonight I first heard of here on The Lounge.
"Man of the West" with Gary Cooper.
I forgot who first mentioned it here on this thread but I've watched it several times since I read about it. It is a good one!
Gary Cooper is one tough customer, pal!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"Touch of Evil"

I picked up the 50th Anniversary Edition DVD of "Touch of Evil". I had heard some things about this movie but had never seen it. All I can say is WOW.
Orson Welles was an awesome talent/film maker.
The DVD has three versions of the film and several very nice special features.
The amount of star power that shows up in this movie is amazing....Marlene Dietrich has a small part, Zsa Zsa Gabor has a cameo, Dennis Weaver has a small part. Of course Charlton Heston and Janet Leigh were the lead characters along with Mr. Welles.
The opening shot is absolutely amazing. Check out this DVD.;)

JoePreppyPauper

New in Town
Pushover (1954)

Fred MacMurray and Kim Novak. Pretty mediocre even by 1950s standards, but the clothes! The hats! The cars! 1950 to 1958 is definitely my favorite vintage era.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Went and saw Changeling last night. It was good, but disturbing. As a mother, it was hard to watch. Angelina Jolie looked so thin and frail that I noticed how her bones stuck through her skin a lot more than her acting. I like John Malkovich in his role, though. Don't often see him in roles where he's the "good" guy.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
AmateisGal said:
Went and saw Changeling last night. It was good, but disturbing. As a mother, it was hard to watch. Angelina Jolie looked so thin and frail that I noticed how her bones stuck through her skin a lot more than her acting. I like John Malkovich in his role, though. Don't often see him in roles where he's the "good" guy.

ive seen the trailers but i think the subject would be too upsetting to me!
Im watching " A matter of life and death" with David Niven at the mo, one of my all time fav films !:)

just_me

Practically Family
I watched The Russians are Coming The Russians are Coming last night on PBS. That movie was still hysterical. Made in the mid 60s and all the men are wearing hats (fedoras, homburgs, police, russian navy, etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21