Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

funneman

Practically Family
Comcast provided "The Hudsucker Proxy" over the weekend and "Devil in a Blue Dress" all month long. Some great looking hats and suits in both.

"Double Indemnity" is also available all month. I've watched this one so many times I have most of the dialog memorized. It's a classic. I love when Fred McMurray changes suits after the murder and does that hat swipe thing with the forearm of his suit jacket. It must have been a 40s thing because Curly does is sometimes too. :eusa_clap

TheLimey

Familiar Face
Watched Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

Great low-budget film that anybody whose played Dungeons and Dragons will enjoy.
If you've never played a pen and paper RPG chances are you might not enjoy it as much.

Kermez

A-List Customer
TheLimey said:
Watched Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

Great low-budget film that anybody whose played Dungeons and Dragons will enjoy.
If you've never played a pen and paper RPG chances are you might not enjoy it as much.

I've always wanted to see this, but just keep on continually forgetting about it... :eusa_doh:

I played D&D from March 1981 (11 years old) to February 2007. (Not in a row. :p )

rosierawhyde

New in Town
CopperNY said:
pay per view? rental?

been waiting for that one.....

internet buzz about it has been "vampire angst, but without being 'Twilight' and therefore not sucking".

Netflix. It came out this Tuesday and we were lucky enough to receive it that day. Its good, VERY bizarre. I am a closet Twilight Fan...;)

DoctorJ said:
Last night I watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou

A lot of people simply did not "get" this film, I found it to be darkly funny and it reminded me of the TV show The Office in many ways. The humor is not for everyone's tastes, but it is a funny and surprising film.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
rosierawhyde said:
Netflix. It came out this Tuesday and we were lucky enough to receive it that day. Its good, VERY bizarre. I am a closet Twilight Fan...;)

thanks!

i have nothing against Twilight. the wife is the vampire fan in the house. i go for werewolf stories. yeah, it's a mixed marriage :).

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John in Covina said:

A lot of people simply did not "get" this film, I found it to be darkly funny and it reminded me of the TV show The Office in many ways. The humor is not for everyone's tastes, but it is a funny and surprising film.

Took me a bit to realize the guitarist was playing all Bowie songs, in French and acoustic.

just_me

Practically Family
DoctorJ said:
Last night I watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou
John in Covina said:

I liked it a lot. It's one of my daughter's favorite films.

I liked his (Wes Anderson) film The Royal Tenenbaums even more and Darjeeling Express was good too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24