Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Maguire

Practically Family
Doran said:
Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. Hated it.
you like gilliam's other movies? It certainly was long and there was a plotpoint which stumped me but i thought all in all it was a good film.

I agree with the folks who saw the road.. great film.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I caught 'The Sargeant' (1968) on TCM early this morning. What a shocker that must have been when it came out. Rod Steiger plays a psychotic U.S. Army sargeant at a small base in France obsessed with one of his privates. :eek:

Feraud

Bartender
The Dark Corner from 1946. Even one of my favorite character actors William Bendix could not save this plodding, clunky film noir. The tale of a private investigator who is framed for murder takes too long to get going and resolves itself in one of the most ridiculous final acts I have ever seen! The cast is decent (Lucille Ball, Clifton Webb, Bendix, Kurt Krueger, Mark Stevens), the sets and cinematography are fine but the story is very lacking.
It's a skipper.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
on Sunday watched a film of the Oscar Wilde play, "An Ideal Husband" starring Rupert Graves, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Jeremy Northrup and Minnie Driver.

on Tuesday watched a film based on an Noel Coward play, "Easy Virtue" starring Colin Firth, Kristin Scott Thomas, Ben Barnes, and Jessica Biel.

grundie

One of the Regulars
I recently watched Carry On at Your Convenience, a film I haven't seen since the 1980s.

By Carry On standards it was quite an intelligent film.

Cricket

Practically Family
In the process of watching The Dirty Dozen. Our son halted the viewing because of a tummy ache last night. So we will wrap it up this evening. So far, really into it.

grundie

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
on Tuesday watched a film based on an Noel Coward play, "Easy Virtue" starring Colin Firth, Kristin Scott Thomas, Ben Barnes, and Jessica Biel.

I've had this on DVD for over a year with a hope that I would get around to watching it someday. Babies get in the way.

Anyways, I watched it (with baby on lap*) as a result of your post, what a great film. The music is fantastic. A bit like the Gentleman Rhymer.

*In tweed, of course.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
grundie said:
I recently watched Carry On at Your Convenience, a film I haven't seen since the 1980s.

By Carry On standards it was quite an intelligent film.

One of my favourite films set in a Toilet Factory. It is a great Carry On, nice Union commentary too.

What's your favourite Carry On?

For me it's a toss up between this and Up The Kyber.

grundie

One of the Regulars
Ethan Bentley said:
One of my favourite films set in a Toilet Factory. It is a great Carry On, nice Union commentary too.

What's your favourite Carry On?

For me it's a toss up between this and Up The Kyber.

This may surprise you, but it's Carry On Behind. I know it's a rehash of Camping, but I like it for some odd reason.

My next favourites are the early black and white ones, such as teacher, constable and spying. Closely followed by the parody ones such as Cleo and Screaming. I know a lot of people like the seaside postcard humour of the colour ones, but the black and white ones had a nice innocence to them.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Just Looking, a nice little comedy about a NYC teenager in 1955 who's curious about sex, and dedicates his summer vacation to seeing a couple "do it". It's a lot less creepy and more charming than it sounds, with a good cast (Patti LuPone, Peter Onorati, Gretchen Mol), nice period detail, and able direction by, of all people, Jason Alexander.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Due out later this year "Piranha" in 3d ouch....... the original (1978) was scary enough"

piranha-poster.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner