Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

vinspired

Familiar Face
Last night I watched Iron Man on free tv. It wasn't bad.

Speaking of bad - Breathless (1983) starring Richard Gere was on tv a few nights ago.
I watched it a year or so ago, I shuddered when I saw it while channel surfing. Such a bad bad remake.
The original with Jean Seberg is one of my favourite films.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Claireg said:
Havent seen Waterloo Bridge, will put it on my to do list, along with buying a big box of tissues

...my mother-an exceptionally strong woman-broke down completely.
...and the next day told me how much she loved the film. :)

:eek:fftopic: Hope things have settled down in New Zealand.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I'm watching Rob Zombies' Halloween 2 Sure, it's a slasher horror flick, but he has some moments in this movie that are really pretty unique. Very cool.

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
convinced the wife to sit down with me and watch Public Enemies last night. I think I'm over my early objections to the handheld camera issue. The movie just gets better with repeated viewings

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
The handheld doesn't seem as bad now. Back when it was popular it was on everything: TV, commercials, movies, etc.

I watched Platoon this morning. Sorry to say, I don't think it held up that well.

filfoster

One Too Many
Zombie Halloween

KY Gentleman said:
I'm watching Rob Zombies' Halloween 2 Sure, it's a slasher horror flick, but he has some moments in this movie that are really pretty unique. Very cool.

Slasher flicks scare me but I assemble replica costumes from this genre. Zombie's Halloween efforts seem to draw mixed reviews from the hardcore Halloween devotees but his first effort ('H1 Remake' in their vernacular) gets marks for the backstory of the Michael Myers character.

Cricket

Practically Family
filfoster said:
Nothing vintage to it. I just love this movie. For my money, one of Jeff Bridges' best. Haven't seen 'Crazy Heart' though.

Not vintage but it is my favorite movie. :eek:fftopic: I even threw myself a Lebowski bowling party on my birthday. I came dressed as Jesus but bowled ten times worse.

Crazy Heart, to me, was an excellent movie. Bridges' performance was amazing to me. I recommend this flick to anyone.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
filfoster said:
Slasher flicks scare me but I assemble replica costumes from this genre. Zombie's Halloween efforts seem to draw mixed reviews from the hardcore Halloween devotees but his first effort ('H1 Remake' in their vernacular) gets marks for the backstory of the Michael Myers character.

I liked the Halloween movies from Rob Zombie because you got a different POV than the original John Carpenter films. The Michael Meyers from his movies is much more interesting. In Halloween 2 his use of film footage from the actors childhoods and the soundtrack choices really add to the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic