Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Oh dear, Welcome to Woop Woop. I saw that a few years ago, apart from the surreal moment when Rod Taylor tap dances on the pub counter, I remember that movie being pretty dire.

I didn't see it when it came out because of all the negative publicity received. I actually enjoyed it - there are some genuinely laugh-out-loud moments amongst all the over the top stereotypes and filthy bogan parlance :)

Berlin

Practically Family
When love is not enough.

When_Love_Is_Not_Enough_The_Lois_Wilson_Story_TV-956954277-large.jpg

bullet864

New in Town
hello everybody! Im a newbie, glad to be here. Anyway, I watched Salt just this morning. Im not really impressed with the ending and I again watched Cutting Edge for the nth time to make me feel good. Im planning to watch Grease tomorrow, it would be my 10th time.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"Spy Game" (2001). This is a real little gem of a thriller, well scripted, directed, edited, acted and paced. Redford is especially brilliant in this taut, intelligent film.

I'd rather watch this espionage flick over a Daniel Craig James Bond any day.

Great film.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I'd rather watch this espionage flick over a Daniel Craig James Bond any day.

Ian Fleming's Bond is a bit difficult to grasp: English public school,
Cambridge, Royal Navy, veteran of WWII; however, something of the
streetwise 'barrow boy'-and-perhaps, sociopath too.
A glimpse of him with Connery, but not much with the others.
Craig, to his credit, does have some edge; yet Bond the man
himself remains out of focus.
I always found Patrick McGoohan a more plausible 007; requisite
depth plus a certain reserve more consonant with Fleming's literary spook.:spy:

Berlin

Practically Family
I watched Cracks.
I really really enjoyed that movie, and scared me a bit aswell.
[video=youtube;rwbiarU34HM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwbiarU34HM[/video]

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Last night i watched a delightful little programmer called Crashing Hollywood (1938) with Lee Tracy. I'm getting out my movies I've burned to DVD and finally watching them now that the hubby isn't home.

The night before that I watched Clara Bow's first talkie The Wild Party (1929) for the millionth time. Love that movie and love Clara!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ian Fleming's Bond is a bit difficult to grasp: English public school,
Cambridge, Royal Navy, veteran of WWII; however, something of the
streetwise 'barrow boy'-and-perhaps, sociopath too.
A glimpse of him with Connery, but not much with the others.
Craig, to his credit, does have some edge; yet Bond the man
himself remains out of focus.
I always found Patrick McGoohan a more plausible 007; requisite
depth plus a certain reserve more consonant with Fleming's literary spook.:spy:

Very, very well said Harp, you've hit the nail on the head and I couldn't agree with you more.

If you haven't seen "Spy Game", hunt it down as it's an intelligent, taut and very well made espionage thriller. As I said on the previous page, miles better than a Daniel Craig Bond offering.

djd

Practically Family
I'm not a fan of Robert Redford as a rule but he was perfect in this role. Very understated and believable

This film also demonstrates that you don't need lots of action to make a very exciting thriller... Something that Hollywood seems determined not to understand these days

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a fan of Robert Redford as a rule but he was perfect in this role. Very understated and believable

This film also demonstrates that you don't need lots of action to make a very exciting thriller... Something that Hollywood seems determined not to understand these days

Well said djd. I think Redford was brilliant in this flick and as you say it's one of those rare Hollywood offerings where the film makers realised that for a spy thriller you don't have to have stuff exploding every 5 minutes.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't quite a movie, but we watched the Biography of Gary Cooper last night. We had DVR'd it from TCM. Very insightful to the man and his career. Makes you enjoy his films that much more.

Cheers!

Dan

TheStig

New in Town
The Green Hornet...

Cheap humor that one can idle one's brain and just laugh. Was pretty good for that!

The one thing they did well was to make the correct inferences to Bruce Lee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy