Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I watched parts of Vincent Price in The Last Man on Earth last night. I had read the book ages ago and it seemed to be pretty faithful. The other two fim versions are The Omega Man and I am Legend.

Yeah, I heard that Last Man was on last night. One of my film professors years ago was the co-director of that movie. When I told him that I had seen the film, he replied to me, "My condolences!" It actually is not that bad of a film, and does create a certain sense of doom. Omega Man was okay, too, but I prefer the b/w version with Vinnie. Odd how the producers chose Italian nationals to portray American characters (it was filmed in Italy); I think their lines were dubbed.

In Italy? Watched it hoping to recognize any of the stores or streets but came up empty- now I know. I was pretty tired when I watched it and did not notice if it was dubbed but the speaking parts of the other actors seemed off to me. wooden or strange so that may have been the dubbing in effect. Omega Man is has a vibe that is dated to the time it came out but is still an interesting film. I am Legend was pretty good too.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
In Italy? Watched it hoping to recognize any of the stores or streets but came up empty- now I know.

It was filmed at E.U.R., a district in Rome which was constructed, using mostly modernist architecture with limestone, tuff, and marble, for the proposed 1942 World's Fair. I think such a setting added to the austerity of the film. You've got me wanting to watch it again...

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
No Man of Her Own (1932) Good movie, but I could watch 2 hours of Clark Gable walking around a room and nothing else, so maybe I'm a bit biased ;)

The Mating Season (1951) Cute movie with Gene Tierney, but Thelma Ritter steals the show.

Easy Living (1937) Loved this movie with Jean Arthur.

You are on a classics-viewing rampage. Did a boxed set arrive? DVR working overtime with TCM? Or do you just love the classics?

rue

You are on a classics-viewing rampage. Did a boxed set arrive? DVR working overtime with TCM? Or do you just love the classics?

lol Well, I have the house to myself right now, so I'm taking advantage of it. I made this thread awhile back so I'm picking from there. If I can't find them on NETFLIX I'm watching them on YouTube. Others that aren't on the list I found on YT, because they were listed next to what I was watching.
Oh and yes, I love old movies :)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004) dir. and written by Kerry Conran. I'd watch it more but Missus Hood thinks it's bunk. Watched it with Youngest Hood, who was interested in all the movie references. Way cool stuff~

Pompidou

One Too Many
Metropia is an indie animation in a noir, dystopian near-future right out of Orwell and Kafka, where corporations control the world, and are, of course, evil. Fortunately, some people know the truth, and the resulting story is worth making a movie about. I found it on iTunes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925