Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Edward

Bartender
Currently, The Englishman who went up a hill and came down a mountain is on the television. Predictable nonsense, but the clothes are nice.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Last night, Raiders of the Lost Ark, well, sort of; I fell asleep at the fight on the truck sequence (my fave), and woke up at the melting face part. Stayed awake long enough to enjoy the nice db suit and snappy fedora Ford/Indy wears at the end.

Then, today, What Price Hollywood? (1932) recorded off TCM. This is the original upon which was based the 1937, 1954, and 1976 productions. If you haven't seen it, it is very self-aware of itself, but still very enjoyable. Cukor directs, and there are some arresting shots and set ups.

58FURY

Familiar Face
I finished watching the new Sherlock Holmes about 2 hours ago.

It was okay.... I'll have to watch it again though to understand what was going on in a lot of it though.

pipefan413

New in Town
Casablanca, actually. 70th Anniversary screening at my local indie cinema. Excellent, of course.

My attire for the evening:

3GBhGl.jpg

(The hat is actually named after Bogart, though it looked decidedly un-Bogart with the factory crease... so I tweaked it.)

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Nice hat Pipefan! If I'm not mistaken it's the same one I own. Casablanca is also my favorite movie. Per my post in this thread of a few days ago I'm currently re-reading the sequel. It's a novel named "As Time Goes By", by Michael Walsh. It's worth a read for Casablanca aficionados.

pipefan413

New in Town
Nice hat Pipefan! If I'm not mistaken it's the same one I own. Casablanca is also my favorite movie. Per my post in this thread of a few days ago I'm currently re-reading the sequel. It's a novel named "As Time Goes By", by Michael Walsh. It's worth a read for Casablanca aficionados.

Thanks for that! I was actually recommended that book recently, oddly enough. I suppose I really better get onto that.

The hat's made here in the UK by Christys'. Out of the box it had a really wide front, which isn't something I think looks very nice on a fedora (and, furthermore, made it completely unlike anything I've ever seen Mr Bogart wearing).

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Thanks for that! I was actually recommended that book recently, oddly enough. I suppose I really better get onto that.

The hat's made here in the UK by Christys'. Out of the box it had a really wide front, which isn't something I think looks very nice on a fedora (and, furthermore, made it completely unlike anything I've ever seen Mr Bogart wearing).

I've read the book several times, I think you'll like it.

Guess I was mistaken on the hat...mine is a Jaxon Bogart. The color, crown height and slope, brim and front pinch are almost identical to the way yours looks in that pic.

By the way, welcome to the lounge! You'll find that there a lot of very nice and knowledgeable people in here. It's a great place to learn more about all things vintage and to while away a few hours (sometimes more than a few!).

pipefan413

New in Town
I've read the book several times, I think you'll like it.

Guess I was mistaken on the hat...mine is a Jaxon Bogart. The color, crown height and slope, brim and front pinch are almost identical to the way yours looks in that pic.

By the way, welcome to the lounge! You'll find that there a lot of very nice and knowledgeable people in here. It's a great place to learn more about all things vintage and to while away a few hours (sometimes more than a few!).

I should probably stop replying like this because this is getting more and more off-topic, but yeah, all the shaping stuff was modifications. It was pretty boxy to start with, but the felt is beautiful and I'm a big fan of the colour/height. My first fedora was a Jaxon though, as it happens (just a cheap wool one, it ain't pretty).

Thanks for the welcome, too! Anyway, I'm off to watch The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari again, because Conrad Veidt is excellent.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
...aaaaannnnddd, just got back from Hugo. Kept waiting for a plot to break out. If you just hafta see it, make it a rental. RANT ALERT Mrs. Hood, Youngest Hood and one of his friends, and myself went to the see this and the total ticket price was $50. Fifty dollars!!! Then the drinks and popcorn came to another $28.00. This is ridiculous. I could buy the dvd for a fraction of the cost. Yeah, I know, the theater owners have to pay absurd fees to the studios, and the cost of this and that add to the costs, but really, this much money for a night at the movies? END RANT

Bernie Zack

One of the Regulars
Watched Treasure of the Sierra Madre this morning. While Casablanca is still my favorite, the more I watch this one, the higher it rises in my favorite Bogart films list. I'll put it right after The Big Sleep, but before Key Largo.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Watched a film called "Fortress",..about a B17 crew in North Africa. Not a big name studio extravaganza with an all star cast, but quite watchable really. Lots of action and some decent acting by the unknown (at least to me) cast.

Edward

Bartender
Casablanca, actually. 70th Anniversary screening at my local indie cinema. Excellent, of course.

My attire for the evening:

3GBhGl.jpg

(The hat is actually named after Bogart, though it looked decidedly un-Bogart with the factory crease... so I tweaked it.)

Christies don't have the best rep in these parts, but I've always enjoyed any of their hats I have experienced. I thought this was an Akubra Bogart at first (seems there are at least three companies making a Bogart, then!). (Nice to spot a fellow southpaw guitarist, too - assuming that's yours?)

I watched "Christine" last night. I never get over how beautiful that Plymouth is.

Ha.... yeah. My tastes run more to the early Fifties, but that certainly was a nice car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran