Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Watched Drive this weekend. It was a sub-par remake of the fantastic 1978 Walter Hill directed The Driver with Ryan O'Neal and Bruce Dern. See the '78 version.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
my teenage son borrowed a DVD from neighbors of ours. Its call the Time Machine, starring some nobody actor named Guy Pierce?? Looks dumb from the bit I have seen while working on dinner, a waste of time. He was doing far better when he had borrowed some classic James Bond films from them.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
my teenage son borrowed a DVD from neighbors of ours. Its call the Time Machine, starring some nobody actor named Guy Pierce?? Looks dumb from the bit I have seen while working on dinner, a waste of time. He was doing far better when he had borrowed some classic James Bond films from them.

You mean the adaptation of HG Wells' The Time Machine? It isn't the best version, but Guy Pierce is a really good actor. he won an Emmy for his work in Mildred Pierce last year.

amador

A-List Customer
The Fellowship of the Rings, The TwoTowers, The Return of the King.
All extended versions, LOTR Marathon! Hadn't done this for a couple of years.
I think the SciFi series "Dune" and "Children of Dune" will be next.

Edward

Bartender
Paranormal Activity 2 - dreadful.

I've only seen the first one - watched it on a plane on a work trip. Entertaining enough, but the very end was painfully predictable, and it would actually have been all the more chilling without that supposed "jump". To be fair, though, I'm a big fan of horror films and so I've seen it all before: I suppose were I fifteen and still to see all the classics, I might have been more impressed. Fun, but a bit of fluff.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The Fellowship of the Rings, The TwoTowers, The Return of the King.
All extended versions, LOTR Marathon! Hadn't done this for a couple of years.
I think the SciFi series "Dune" and "Children of Dune" will be next.

I've been meaning to do this for years now. We recently upgraded tv to LED big screen and Blu-ray player to match, and for Valentine's Day my wife bought me the collection on Blu-ray. Trying to figure out who to invite over, and how much ale will be required!

A friend having a rough time came over to stay with us last night. We watched Team America: World Police, a mutual not quite guilty pleasure. Brightened him up a bit!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My Tom has never seen all of the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films, so I brought up my two box DVD collection to his house. Just started watching "The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle" this morning. He really likes Ginger singing and acting of the "Yamma Yamma Man" number:) Enjoying seeing the Titanic era costumes on the ladies in this film.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I've only seen the first one - watched it on a plane on a work trip. Entertaining enough, but the very end was painfully predictable, and it would actually have been all the more chilling without that supposed "jump". To be fair, though, I'm a big fan of horror films and so I've seen it all before: I suppose were I fifteen and still to see all the classics, I might have been more impressed. Fun, but a bit of fluff.

I thought the first one was lots of fun - good tension throughout - and I must confess that I jumped (ok and maybe let out a small scream) at the end! This one should be avoided at all costs (apparently a third movie was made - I can only imagine how poor it is) - painfully slow, zero tension - I was getting quite fed up with it towards the end.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Watching "The Big Sleep" as I write this, It's probably the first "proper" "vintage" movie I've seen, I'll let ya know what I think about it when it's done :p

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Just finished watching The Big Sleep , the dialogue was very well written, it certainly had me laughing a couple of times whilst watching it.
All in all, it was definitely a great movie. Next one up is Boom Town :p

Trimfellow

New in Town
"CASABLANCA".
I am a 44 year old man and I have been playing this movie almost every week since I was about 11. Not only is it my favorite movie but I think it is the most stylish work of art ever created.

Cheers,
Trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran