Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
We watched The Descendants last night. Overall, a sober, well-made movie. The director seems to have gone out of his way to make it as non-spectacularly 'real' as possible. The only part that stood out as moment that could have ruined the film is when King (Clooney) says goodbye to his wife. The lines were corny, afaic. Otherwise, it was as realistic as I could have hoped or expected.

Edward

Bartender
The A Team. Wasn't sure what to expect, as I was a big fan of the television programme as a child. Loved it, though. Great fun, very much in the spirit of the original. Unusually for a contemporary film based on an old TV show they didn't turn it into an open comedy.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The A Team. Wasn't sure what to expect, as I was a big fan of the television programme as a child. Loved it, though. Great fun, very much in the spirit of the original. Unusually for a contemporary film based on an old TV show they didn't turn it into an open comedy.

I really liked it, too. And I loved the t.v. show as a kid (though when I watched it a few years ago I thought it was really cheesy...).

They also did a great job casting the characters, especially Murdoch.

Wasn't a big fan of the tv show and didn't expect much from the movie; howeeeeever, I was happily surprised to find that I enjoyed the show. It's the kind of movie worth watching multiple times.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
The Artist

the-artist.jpg

Absolutely loved it! Has it been mentioned here?

Review here: http://www.thegreatmoviereview.com/the-artist

Flicka

One Too Many
I really liked it, too. And I loved the t.v. show as a kid (though when I watched it a few years ago I thought it was really cheesy...).

They also did a great job casting the characters, especially Murdoch.

When my extremely highbrow grandmother started watching A-team, it was the first time we suspected something was wrong, because it really was rather cheesy. Turned out it was the first sign of Alzheimer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters