Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Vacationing here at the brother-in-law's and lo and behold they've got The Trouble With Harry on the dvr. Saw it for the first time ever. Now I know why it was a flop in the US but played for a year in a theatre in France. Black comedy needs a special touch.

Vacationing here at the brother-in-law's and lo and behold they've got The Trouble With Harry on the dvr. Saw it for the first time ever. Now I know why it was a flop in the US but played for a year in a theatre in France. Black comedy needs a special touch.

It plays on EncoreSuspense quite a bit. Not a bad little movie at all.

affiche-beyond-the-moon-1956-1.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Another movie " Leave Her To Heaven" (1945) with Gene Tierney & Cornel Wilde . Technicolor.
In the beginning there's a "woodie" station wagon, like we used to have.
The story is sad at times & my wife won't watch because of that ,but I love the color scenery &
the way people traveled on the trains & the clothes . People dressed up , unlike today with shorts
at the mall & such.

Earlier I posted Dana Andrews as being in this movie ! (correction)

Last edited:
Another movie " Leave Her To Heaven" , I believe with Dana Andrews. I get the same feeling, if you've seen this one…
it's in color & in the beginning there's a "woodie" station wagon, like we used to have.
The story is sad at times & my wife won't watch because of that , but I love the locations & scenery.

I like Dana Andrews, but have yet to see this one. Another one to put on the list to watch. Now you have me thinking about what movies remind me of my childhood.
Mad Max, maybe! lol
Not at all!

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
TCM would be your best bet. Online you can check their movie schedule for a whole month & the best part , there are no
commercial interruptions. I sound like an ad for TCM…but that's the only way to watch a movie !

TCM would be your best bet. Online you can check their movie schedule for a whole month & the best part , there are no
commercial interruptions. I sound like an ad for TCM…but that's the only way to watch a movie !

I have the TCM app and receive the monthly guide. I drink my morning coffee from my TCM coffee cup. I too am a huge TCM fan. Oh yeah, and yesterday I wore my TCM t-shirt.

TCM is great. Except when there's a marathon of an actor/actress I don't like - a la Humphrey Bogart. [ducking and running]. lol

Although I really like Bogart, I agree. The same applies to when they have a theme for the day which I do not appreciate. For the most part they are the only channel which shows a wide variety of old/classic movies in this area. We have AMC, Retro, and EncoreSuspense, but they do not do it nearly as well as TCM.
:D

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'The Lodger' - a silent Alfred Hitchcock film from the 1920s. It's the film where he first divulged to the world his obsession with blondes (the story centres on a Jack the Ripper inspired character who only murders young blonde women).

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
'The Lodger' - a silent Alfred Hitchcock film from the 1920s. It's the film where he first divulged to the world his obsession with blondes (the story centres on a Jack the Ripper inspired character who only murders young blonde women).

Its a great early Hitchcock film with Ivo Novello, I just wish my copy had a better picture quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80