Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"A Haunted House" - C+ - Only watch this movie on the big screen if you HAVE to HAVE a Comedy. Mostly tired urban jokes. Much as I like the Wayans they NEVER equalled their effort on "Scary Movie" which is in my top 20 of funny movies. This one only harkens to that one in moments. A definate rental and kids will get more out of it with the numerous inside jokes to FPS and alike.

Worf

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Our Modern Maidens. Charming programmer with stunning Art Deco sets and a wonderful cast. With Anita Page, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Joan Crawford in the first flush of her beauty and Rod LaRocque, and a fine score by Arthur Lange, what's not to like?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Browning Version (1951) with Michael Redgrave, Jean Kent, and Nigel Patrick, dir. Anthony Asquith. Kent plays the horrible reprehensible philandering wife of school teacher of Latin Redgrave, Patrick plays the other guilty party. Great acting, flawless delivery, and just enough camera movement to keep it from seeming like a filmed play. Part of the Criterion collection.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Our Modern Maidens. Charming programmer with stunning Art Deco sets and a wonderful cast. With Anita Page, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Joan Crawford in the first flush of her beauty and Rod LaRocque, and a fine score by Arthur Lange, what's not to like?

I'm right at the start of "Our Dancing Daughters" and I have similar thoughts so far. I tell you Crawford in the late 1920s and early 1930s was rather delectable in her roles...

Lily Powers

Practically Family

I LOVE that movie so much! The softer, flirtier, less wordly Joan Crawford was a sight to behold. A couple of years ago I was fortunate to stumble across an original publicity photo of the cast and it had Joan's signature on the back. The person who had it just didn't find the lure of old Hollywood movies appealing, so it's happy in its new home where old Hollywood movies rule supreme.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
For all its Hollywood-nish, I really like that film.

GI to Bogart: "Where are you from, sergeant?"
Bogart: "Nowhere, just the Army..."

Me to. I like the deadpan way Bogart delivered those type of lines. A couple of others that come to mind are "I'm a drunkard" when asked his nationality by Major Strasser in Casablanca, or when describing Captain Renault to Annina he quipped "He's just like any other man, only more so", also in Casablanca.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner