Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Maltese Falcon. I love this movie for a dozen reasons, Ward Bond for one. "When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it" is another... But when the secretary says Mary Astor is a knock out, I think it's creative license. She's not a mud fence, but "knock out"? C'mon now.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
I just watched the Transporter films more like 3 hour car commercials than anything else, but for me anyway more fun than watching football. Now I am watching Bram Stoker's Dracula, Keanu Reeves notwithstanding I do like this interpretation of the book.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
I just watched the Transporter films more like 2 hour car commercials than anything else, but for me anyway more fun than watching football. Now I am watching Bram Stoker's Dracula, Keanu Reeves notwithstanding I do like this interpretation of the book.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The Browning Version (1951) with Michael Redgrave, Jean Kent, and Nigel Patrick, dir. Anthony Asquith. Kent plays the horrible reprehensible philandering wife of school teacher of Latin Redgrave, Patrick plays the other guilty party. Great acting, flawless delivery, and just enough camera movement to keep it from seeming like a filmed play. Part of the Criterion collection.

I agree... and they even have the smarts to mention "Goodbye Mr. Chips". A brilliant underated movie with fine, fine performances. His final speech was moving as hell.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hysteria and Snow White, A Tail Of Terror. The first one was pretty funny, the second movie, well, it sure wasn't a Disney flick!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Silver Linings Playbook" - C+ - A nice movie... DiNero is good at what he does... the two leads are likable but in light of recent tradgedies I don't think I'm ready for a mental problems romance. Enjoyable enough if that doesn't bug you.

Worf

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
McMurdo said:
I just watched the Transporter films more like 3 hour car commercials than anything else, but for me anyway more fun than watching football.
Most everyone I know hates those films, but I own all three of them and enjoy watching them once a year. They're unquestionably brain candy, but fun and harmless.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Most everyone I know hates those films, but I own all three of them and enjoy watching them once a year. They're unquestionably brain candy, but fun and harmless.

I do not watch them every year, and yes they are brain candy, I did think it was better than watching football.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched Fire With Fire on NetFlix earlier. I hadn't ever heard of it before but it starred Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson and Vincent D'Onofrio. I thought it was well worth recommending!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Maltese Falcon. I love this movie for a dozen reasons, Ward Bond for one. "When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it" is another... But when the secretary says Mary Astor is a knock out, I think it's creative license. She's not a mud fence, but "knock out"? C'mon now.

Well, her husband had just been involved in a sexual scandal, so in a way Astor was considered "hot" property at the time. That quote you mentioned is a good one. Lorre's tirade against Greenstreet is also memorable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner