Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Strange mix these days: Busby Berkeley musicals (Footlight Parade and Dames), Silent films (Mabuse the Gambler), Karloff and Lugosi horror films (The Mummy and Black Cat), Ernst Lubitsch (Love Parade and Design for Living) and gangster films (Roaring Twenties and Little Caeser). Just keeping to my 1920s and 30s fix...

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Just watched "Rogue Cop" Robert Taylor, Janet Leigh, Anne Francis, Alan Hale Jr. and George Raft. Seems to remind me of "Call Northside 777", sort of almost documentary style of film at times.

Two other observations...
Janet Leigh and Anne Francis were both nice to look at.
Alan Hale Jr. not once said "little buddy" in the movie

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Just watched "Rogue Cop" Robert Taylor, Janet Leigh, Anne Francis, Alan Hale Jr. and George Raft. Seems to remind me of "Call Northside 777", sort of almost documentary style of film at times.

Two other observations...
Janet Leigh and Anne Francis were both nice to look at.
Alan Hale Jr. not once said "little buddy" in the movie

It must have been a big night for cop movies! I watched End of Watch tonight and it was really good.
A good older police movie I would recommend is T-Men starring Dennis O'Keefe, Alfred Ryder and June Lockhart.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Watched "The Snows of Kilimanjaro". I've never read the story, but I understand there are some big changes for the film. I enjoyed Gregory Peck much more in the movie I watched earlier this week; "The Guns of Navarone".

We downloaded a heap of Blondie and Dagwood movies. I'm up to 'Blondie has Servant Trouble'. I'm not sure why these movies aren't more popular. I'm loving them.

Penny Singleton (Blondie) later was the voice of Jane in The Jetsons cartoons. And here she is in 1929.

[video=youtube;_Ap9sNjz8L0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ap9sNjz8L0[/video]

Last edited:
I disagree... Samuel L. Jackson and his "Uncle Ben From Hell" impression totally owns that movie from his first moment on the screen till his last.

Worf

I can see that, rarely does Samuel not stand out in a film. But it is around the introduction of Jackson that Waltz's character starts to take a backseat in the film. If Jackson had had a larger part in the movie, I might have felt the same.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Samuel L Jackson fans should check out Formula 51 - great movie.

Friday night I watched Bedazzled with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, which I enjoyed. I'd never seen Peter Cook before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran