Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
"The Mark of Zorro" - If I had to choose I'd rather have been Basil Rathbone... man that guy was dashing, especially when he was a villain, and jeeze could he handle a blade! In a fair fight he'd have killed Erroll and Tyrone and anybody else that got in his way... including Ahnold!

Worf

Rathbone was great with the sword. The master who taught all of them back in the glory days had a studio here in L.A. until at least the late '70s (believe it was Falcon studios). I kick myself for not taking lessons under him...

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
I just saw Lincoln, it was very good. Lo-and-behold...Congress still was slow and couldn't really agree on things! Anyway, acting was great and the likeness of the characters to their real-life counterparts, at least the ones I investigated, were very impressive.

1987's Hope and Glory, set during the Blitz of London. Why I waited so long to watch this, I don't know, but I absolutely loved it.

Saw that while visiting a friend during college. She took me to this artsy cool little beat up theatre in Riverside. It was a cool little movie that at that time I would not have watched if not for her. Good memories.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Rathbone was great with the sword. The master who taught all of them back in the glory days had a studio here in L.A. until at least the late '70s (believe it was Falcon studios). I kick myself for not taking lessons under him...
I would too if I had a chance to study under him and didn't take it. Never knew he taught civvies outside of the movies.

Worf

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
"The Mark of Zorro" - If I had to choose I'd rather have been Basil Rathbone... man that guy was dashing, especially when he was a villain, and jeeze could he handle a blade! In a fair fight he'd have killed Erroll and Tyrone and anybody else that got in his way... including Ahnold!

Worf

I was watching that too and yeah Basil Rathbone was very good with a sword, and he was always a great bad guy.

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
Just watched Legend of 1900
I love this movie and Tim Roth is great
they also did a really great job with the costumes
has anyone else watched it?

Foxer55

A-List Customer
Just finished watching "End of Watch" (2012) with, who is it, Jake Gillenthal? Give it 4 out of 5 stars. Pretty good for the typical cop movie. Lot of jerky camera stuff and close-ups following the action.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The Wind of Change (1961)

A fairly short British drama (most likely made as a supporting feature) about race relations in West London. It is interesting for its relatively unsympathetic handling of the white characters. The only ones who is shown in a positive light are a middle aged father (played by Donald Pleassance) and his daughter. He believes everyone should be treated equally and fairly: as he puts it 'I have black rabbits and I have white rabbits, I treat them all the same'. She has fallen in love with a West indian bus driver, despite knowing it will make her outcast among many of her community.
The final line of the film is most revealing and says a lot about British society in the period: Pleasance reveals that, despite his tolerance of the immigrant community, his black rabbit is called 'nigger'.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
A fairly short British drama (most likely made as a supporting feature) about race relations in West London. It is interesting for its relatively unsympathetic handling of the white characters. The only ones who is shown in a positive light are a middle aged father (played by Donald Pleassance) and his daughter. He believes everyone should be treated equally and fairly: as he puts it 'I have black rabbits and I have white rabbits, I treat them all the same'. She has fallen in love with a West indian bus driver, despite knowing it will make her outcast among many of her community.
The final line of the film is most revealing and says a lot about British society in the period: Pleasance reveals that, despite his tolerance of the immigrant community, his black rabbit is called 'nigger'.

Never heard of that one, but sounds interesting. Will need to catch it...

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Deep, and I thought "The Taste of Honey" was deep. I love British Cinema of that era. It tackled things America wouldn't breathe on!!! Only Tennesee Williams in America was scandalizing the public to that manner.

Worf

Warner Bros. 90th Anniversary on TCM. Following is Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Mildred Pierce, Watch on the Rhine, The Treasure of Sierra Madre, and A Streetcar Named Desire. What a lineup tonight!
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112