Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'Tiger Bay' British film made in 1934.

Set in a ficticious French colony in South America. There are some fantastic examples of lightweight British tropical suits which I will soon be posting in the 'Show us their suits' thread.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Last night I watched the 2012 remake of Red Dawn with a buddy and out shared opinion of the film was "meh." I liked the bottle blonde actress, purely for her looks, and it was nice to Jeffrey Dean Morgan, an actor I never get tired of watching. I seem to remember that in the original 1980s film the entire cast gets killed off, which is more or less what actually happens to rebels in modern conflicts, but in this one they manage to fight on. The lead character, played by Chris Hemsworth, seems to be wearing a Barbour International (sans belt and yellow tag) throughout the film, or perhaps a knock-off jacket.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hard to believe Steve was only 50 and had just a few months to live! Always liked the big old Winchester 1876 in 45-60 caliber, even if it wasn't the rifle Tom had at the time of his arrest.
tom_horn_us1sh_zps186f3e17.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The Bowery Boys Meet Topcat 1965. It wasn't their last either. The Phynx was their last in 1970. ;):p Topcat was Arnold Stang and not the animation cat. :p

Can't find the former on IMDb, but the latter has a slew of Golden Age actors/actresses; Gorcey and Hall just made cameo appearances, like the rest. The last real Bowery Boys series movies came out in 1957.

Can't find the former on IMDb, but the latter has a slew of Golden Age actors/actresses; Gorcey and Hall just made cameo appearances, like the rest. The last real Bowery Boys series movies came out in 1957.

Series movie yes but they were still acting just about until Leo Gorcey died. Interesting considering that by that time he was inebriated a good amount of the time. :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Series movie yes but they were still acting just about until Leo Gorcey died. Interesting considering that by that time he was inebriated a good amount of the time. :p

I remember when Gorcey passed away. My father and I were walking down the street, when we passed by some newspaper "dispensers." My dad took a quick look at a front page, and remarked to me, "Your friend passed away." I was a bit troubled, to say the least, thinking that he was talking of an actual, close friend. When I took a gander at the front page, though, I saw that my dad was referring to Leo Gorcey. It still escapes me how my father ever came to call Gorcey my "friend"...(On a side note, I still remember walking home from school and seeing a newspaper announcing the death of Walt Disney. Okay, not in the same league as Leo Gorcey, but still a well-known figure...)

I remember when Gorcey passed away. My father and I were walking down the street, when we passed by some newspaper "dispensers." My dad took a quick look at a front page, and remarked to me, "Your friend passed away." I was a bit troubled, to say the least, thinking that he was talking of an actual, close friend. When I took a gander at the front page, though, I saw that my dad was referring to Leo Gorcey. It still escapes me how my father ever came to call Gorcey my "friend"...(On a side note, I still remember walking home from school and seeing a newspaper announcing the death of Walt Disney. Okay, not in the same league as Leo Gorcey, but still a well-known figure...)

Interesting. Slip and Sach were everyone's friend. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn