Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Premiering "On The Road" tonight. Oversexed beatniks drive cross-country in a '48 Hudson that looks like it's been sitting in a farmers' field for 20 years, even though the movie is set in 1949. They must use a lot of salt on those roads.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LizzieMaine,
Is that the movie with Kristen Stewart - the smiling-girl?
(only movie I've seen her in was "Speak", long time ago.. the "no-smile" role suited her)

This evening, I'm going for: Romance on the Run (1938)
The film begins with a super-valuable necklace being stolen and the owner of the insurance company is fretting about how to pay off his client's claim.
Yet another fin at the Archive.org

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Yup, Kristen Stewart and Kirsten Dunst are the two female leads, with Amy Adams in a smaller part, and many good performers in bit roles. It's a well-done picture with pretty good period detail, but your overall enjoyment of it will depend on your tolerance for Kerouackian twaddle.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
images

cw3pa

A-List Customer
Crossfire Trail on DVD last night. Tom Selleck did a pretty good job on this one if like westerns. I liked Wilford Brimley's character and Mark Harmon's character was easy to dislike.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Dredd" - C+ - Not to be confused with the Stallone turd "Judge Dredd". This movie is true to the British Comic started some 36 years ago. That's right 36 years ago. None of the other cast is here and the film has decent acting and a believable villaness. I was pleasently surprised with the script, better than average acting, great CGI and a soundtrack that'll have your subwoofer dancing across the room. You could do a LOT worse if you're looking for a decent post-apocalyptic shoot em up.

Worf

"Dredd" - C+ - Not to be confused with the Stallone turd "Judge Dredd". This movie is true to the British Comic started some 36 years ago. That's right 36 years ago. None of the other cast is here and the film has decent acting and a believable villaness. I was pleasently surprised with the script, better than average acting, great CGI and a soundtrack that'll have your subwoofer dancing across the room. You could do a LOT worse if you're looking for a decent post-apocalyptic shoot em up.

Worf

Yes, a much better than expected flick.
:D

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
The original judge dread film was dire.....I read the comic from the very first issue before 2000ad and starlord were amalgamated ....I cannot tell you how much I looked forward to that film only to be bitterly disappointed so I look forward to this new film based on your comments guys!
There were other strips in the comic also worthy of a film such as strontium dog and ro jaws and hammerstein.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The original judge dread film was dire.....I read the comic from the very first issue before 2000ad and starlord were amalgamated ....I cannot tell you how much I looked forward to that film only to be bitterly disappointed so I look forward to this new film based on your comments guys!
There were other strips in the comic also worthy of a film such as strontium dog and ro jaws and hammerstein.

Well we might be able to get some of the other Brit comics here now but Dredd was the only one I saw and collected at that time. It's funny, it wasn't till much later that I realised how much fun they were making of American Culture with the whole thing. I think you'll really enjoy the new Dredd flick since you're obviously along time fan. And true to form... this Dredd, NEVER takes his helmet off.

Worf

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
indeed they did looking back now, I never picked up on it at the time but now I think about it you're right, the nods to multinationals and the 'fatties' with their belly wheels, the 'uglies' who followed fashion at any costs, not too sure they were just about America but today you could say they were possibly prophetic about western society as a whole?

Ifr I am completely honest my real favourite 'comic'was Battle with the best story ever in the form of Charleys War IMHO.

Well we might be able to get some of the other Brit comics here now but Dredd was the only one I saw and collected at that time. It's funny, it wasn't till much later that I realised how much fun they were making of American Culture with the whole thing. I think you'll really enjoy the new Dredd flick since you're obviously along time fan. And true to form... this Dredd, NEVER takes his helmet off.

Worf

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Last night, John Wayne in Texas Terror, from 1935 (filmed partly in San Bernardino National Forest; does Texas look like this?). My wife asked if it was a silent film, due to long stretches of apparently soundless scenes of horse back riding. Buffalo Bill, Jr. has a part, as does George Hayes, not billed as Gabby. Teenagers can't abide these ancient delights; a visiting thirty-six year old had seen it as a kid and was enjoying it immensely with me. The Duke looks like he's barely old enough to vote.

Last night, John Wayne in Texas Terror, from 1935 (filmed partly in San Bernardino National Forest; does Texas look like this?). My wife asked if it was a silent film, due to long stretches of apparently soundless scenes of horse back riding. Buffalo Bill, Jr. has a part, as does George Hayes, not billed as Gabby. Teenagers can't abide these ancient delights; a visiting thirty-six year old had seen it as a kid and was enjoying it immensely with me. The Duke looks like he's barely old enough to vote.
That was a good one. Gabby even looked younger. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic