Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

With all that jungle traffic, I'm amazed they never "ran into one another" over there in "deepest darkest" Africa. I mean I know it's a BIG continent but surely Tarzan, Jungle Jim, Bomba the Jungle Boy, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Alan Quatermain, The Phantom etc.. etc.. etc.. must of crossed paths some time. How many "elephant graveyards" and "evil tribes of cannibal headhunters" can there be? Did they take turns saving safari's or was it first come first serve? Just askin.

Worf
They took turns. :p

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
With all that jungle traffic, I'm amazed they never "ran into one another" over there in "deepest darkest" Africa. I mean I know it's a BIG continent but surely Tarzan, Jungle Jim, Bomba the Jungle Boy, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Alan Quatermain, The Phantom etc.. etc.. etc.. must of crossed paths some time. How many "elephant graveyards" and "evil tribes of cannibal headhunters" can there be? Did they take turns saving safari's or was it first come first serve? Just askin.

Worf

East and Central Africa is a big area, brother...:p

rjb1

Practically Family
Worf's mention of "elephant graveyards" reminds me that when I was a kid watching Tarzan and all those other jungle persons/movies I could never figure out why anyone was so interested in even one dead elephant, much less a whole graveyard full of them.
It was (many) years later that I finally caught the idea of *ivory*. Oh, that's it...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Yeah Ivory you didn't have to cut out just pick up off the ground.... "all those other jungle persons".... Hilarious, I couldn't have put it any better myself. I wish I'd hit the Lotto there's a parody of those I'd love to make!!!!

Worf

JazzyDame

One of the Regulars
Joyeux Noel at the moment, a wonderful film about the Christmas Truce—an extraordinary event that took place in the heat of battle during World War I on Christmas Eve, 1914, when Scottish, French and German soldiers spontaneously agreed to a cease-fire and spent the holiday fraternizing and exchanging gifts. This is one of my favorite films and, even though Spring has officially commenced here, this cinematic offering with its message of goodwill, humanity and peace is never out of season.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
"Tell It to the Marines" . Lon Chaney gives a fine performance as the most hard boiled of Marine drill sargents, Billy Haines is as charming as always as a green recruit, and Eleanor Boardman acquits herself well as the nurse who is their mutual love interest.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Un Chien Andalou, the 15 minute 1929 silent surrealist film by Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali.
Uhmm,..all I can say is you MUST see it!
Warning. Contains scenes and imagery which may be offensive, and/or confusing to certain viewers.:confused2:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
"Tell It to the Marines" . Lon Chaney gives a fine performance as the most hard boiled of Marine drill sargents, Billy Haines is as charming as always as a green recruit, and Eleanor Boardman acquits herself well as the nurse who is their mutual love interest.
Any movie with Lon Chaney is good! I was just by his childhood home Sunday. I always think of him and his parents when I ride buy the Deaf And Blind School.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dirty Harry
Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
:D

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Side by Side which is a fascinating documentary about the changes in cine technology, mainly chemical film v digital, and what it offers (or does not) to the future of cinema. Mostly a talking-heads piece, with some of todays leading directors, cinematographers and other artists in the field, interviewed (and produced by) Keanu Reeves.

Highly recommended if you have any interest in the process of film making, and the technology behind it.

So, it's funny you bring that scene up.

I was watching the chase that leads up to it and I counted four shots. Anybody else notice this?

Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
:D

rjb1

Practically Family
Yes, agree on the "only four shots" issue. I was wondering if anyone else had ever counted those. The punk would *not* have been lucky if it was in real life.

I reckon you're right lol

Well, it's better then those magic twenty shooter revolvers they had in the old west movies!

I had considered that, but he says "Did he fire six shots, or only five" So it's fairly safe to say she was fully loaded.

That's assuming the gun was fully loaded to begin with...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this lol

Yes, agree on the "only four shots" issue. I was wondering if anyone else had ever counted those. The punk would *not* have been lucky if it was in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran