Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

3fingers

One Too Many
Holiday Inn Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Virginia Dale and Marjorie Reynolds. :)
Bells of St Mary's is up for this evening.

They have a fair selection, but I've about run through the libraries' collection of classic movies.
Still considering Netflix or something. We don't have cable anymore. It wasn't worth the cost. I only miss it for TCM and the like.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The other day it was Suicide Fleet (1931) with Bill (Hopalong Cassidy) Boyd, Robert Armstrong, James Gleason, and a non-singing, non-dancing brunette Ginger Rogers. Coney Island chums join the Navy in the Great War and end up dealing with German U-boats.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Lore" - B - A very beautifully filmed story. I'd have to say it's almost like "The Sound of Music" in reverse. 5 little Hitler Youth abandoned by their war crimes committing parents attempt to make it through the various "Occupation Zones" to the promised land of the Grandmother's cottage by the sea. Things don't quite go as planned although the kids do have to sing for their supper a couple of times. As brutally honest as it is beautiful. After all the WWII movies I've seen I can truly say that this one IS different.

Worf

Kill the Irishman, 2011. Interesting story on Cleveland mafia turf wars with the Irish thrown in. Lots of crappy cars get blown up. Lots of ethnic jokes. Just like the 70's.

Kill the Irishman, 2011. Interesting story on Cleveland mafia turf wars with the Irish thrown in. Lots of crappy cars get blown up. Lots of ethnic jokes. Just like the 70's.

On encore? I've seen it a few times and really surprisingly enjoyed it. Surprisingly as I went into it with so-so expectations. Ray Stevenson, despite/in spite of his bad hair, was very entertaining as Danny Greene.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Attack" A WW2 drama starring Jack Palance, Eddie Albert, and Buddy Ebson. Pretty good film overall.

A great underrated war film. Palance was magnificent in it. I consider it his best role and Albert's as well. Made with no U.S. Military help because... they didn't like the story, didn't like it at all.

Worf

On encore? I've seen it a few times and really surprisingly enjoyed it. Surprisingly as I went into it with so-so expectations. Ray Stevenson, despite/in spite of his bad hair, was very entertaining as Danny Greene.:D
Me too, but the hair was legit 70's man. :)Funny seeing a young Brian Ross as the reporter too.

Me too, but the hair was legit 70's man. :)Funny seeing a young Brian Ross as the reporter too.

Yeah, it was legit. All I have to do is look back at my high school and junior high pictures to remind me of the horrors of the hair and clothing styles of the seventies. Not my best years to be sure; not that the eighties were much better.
:D

Yeah, it was legit. All I have to do is look back at my high school and junior high pictures to remind me of the horrors of the hair and clothing styles of the seventies. Not my best years to be sure; not that the eighties were much better. :D
My prom date in 1979 posted our pics on Facebook. Almost put a hit out on her lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto