What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Amy Jeanne, Aug 5, 2007.

1. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Casablanca, just love that film 10/10

2. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Casablanca

Casablanca, just love that film 10/10

3. Brute Force (1947, directed by Jules Dassin), with a stellar cast including Burt Lancaster, Hume Cronyn, Charles Bickford, Sam Levene, John Hoyt, Jeff Corey, Sir Lancelot, Howard Duff, Art Smith, and Whit Bissell, with cameos by Yvonne DeCarlo, Ella Raines, and Ann Blyth. Rarely do I call a film inspired, but this one was in many ways. Tight script (Richard Brooks), gripping story, top-notch acting and musical score (Miklos Rozsa), and excellent direction. Ostensibly a story about the steps leading up to a spectacular, failed prison break, but ultimately a commentary on man's inhumanity to man, and the often fine line between right and wrong. The scene with stool pigeon Jeff Corey lashed to a "coal" car, heading towards a machine gun team and sudden death is unforgettable, as is the climax when prisoner Lancaster throws throws sadistic guard captain Cronyn off the watchtower. A very violent, and honest film for its time.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  4. Laurel & Hardy in Blockheads (1938)

5. wsc

wsc New in Town

"Conflict" Bogart couldn't be any better,if you haven't seen it by all means find it. Haven't seen it in years and it still kept me on the edge of my seat. Highly reccomended

6. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

Just watched 'The Caine Mutiny' I can't believe I've never seen this before, what a good film Bogarts acting especially the courtroom scene where his real character slips out was some of his best...well done Hollywood way back when films were films....outstanding, honestly made my afternoon!

7. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Yes... a fine one there. Excellent and a believable story in most respects. I love Jose Ferrer's speech at the end... outstanding. He gave Fred McMurray both barrels and reloaded on him. Spectacular acting. Glad you caught this one!

Worf

8. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

"The Incredible Shrinking Man" - Doing what great movies can do best... tell compelling stories with heart!

Worf

9. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Written and shot right down the road from me in Schnectady... It's as rough there as it looks... trust me, but they're trying to fix it up.

Worf

10. ^^Sexy Dorothy Malone with a 1950s hairdoo...

11. Oblivion. Being that Tom Cruise is in it I found myself looking for hidden Scientology messages. :p

12. LocktownDog

LocktownDog Call Me a Cab

Paranorman.
    Pretty good for a kids movie.

13. MarkJohn

MarkJohn One of the Regulars

What did you think of it?... I was hoping to see it, have not found time as yet.

14. But of course. :p

15. BegintheBeguine

BegintheBeguine My Mail is Forwarded Here

All these, and I played a gig Friday!

Oblivion. Green Fire. Jack Reacher. Gangster Squad. A Haunted House.

16. I thought it was an enjoyable film. You have to watch it a couple of times as the story line is a bit confusing. Afterwards I had look up the spoiler on wikipedia to fully understand it.

17. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

Gangster Squad.

18. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

I was just watching 'Artists and Models.' Now I'm watching 'Men In Black.' Again.

19. Stray Cat

Stray Cat My Mail is Forwarded Here

Ai to Makoto - The Legend of Love and Sincerity

[​IMG]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CpLycp1k0cI[/video]

It was hilarious! :D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013