Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Cruised the Charity (thrift) shops in Exeter today and came away with a load of DVD's inc. the six disc 'Spaghetti Western Collection' [brand new for £4] so have just watched 'Fistful Of Dollars' - such great movies.... the cool of Clint never gets old.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
In Harm's Way. John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Patricia Neal a whole bunch of other people AND Slim Pickens!

Good WWII movie. Now I'm itching to watch They Were Expendable again

Both good films. I feel "They Were Expendable" to be at the top of all WWII films followed closely by "!2 O'Clock High" and perhaps "Bataan". "In Harms Way" was great but Preminger lost me with the models in the climactic battle. No I didn't expect him to raise the Yamato from the bottom of the Pacific but I thought they could've at least made it a bit more believable. Still it was/is a great yarn.

"All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be somewhere else..."

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Batman - The Dark Knight Returns Part II" - This is the seconnd part of DC's animated rendering of Frank Millers groundbreaking graphic novel of the same name. It's quite true to the original but those unfamiliar with it might no like it's treatment of Batman, The Joker, Robin (now a teenaged girl), Ronald Reagan and especially Superman (the Big Blue Boy Scout). I liked it but I'd read the graphic novel through about 12 times over the intervening decades. Best parts are Batman's final battle with the Joker and the ass whumpin' he puts on the Man of Steel. Fan and novices alike should see both.

Worf

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Best parts are Batman's final battle with the Joker and the ass whumpin' he puts on the Man of Steel. Fan and novices alike should see both.

Worf

That was a great graphic novel and totally agree on your comments. As a one-time comic book fan who hated Superman having Batman give the Big Blue Boy Scout a wupping was wonderful!

"Clark -- It's way past time you learned what it means -- --to be a man..."

That was a great graphic novel and totally agree on your comments. As a one-time comic book fan who hated Superman having Batman give the Big Blue Boy Scout a wupping was wonderful!

"Clark -- It's way past time you learned what it means -- --to be a man..."

Oh yeah! That was one of my favorite comic book moments. Old Batman in that suit owned him after the kryptonite arrow from Green Arrow exploded. lol lol lol
You're beginning to get the idea, Clark... this...is the end... for both of us... we could have changed the world... now look at us... I've become a political liability... and you...
You're a joke...
I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come... in your most private moments... I want you to remember my hand... at your throat... I want you to remember...
The one man who beat you....

"Super"man nothing. :p

78177_v1.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
In Harm's Way. John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Patricia Neal a whole bunch of other people AND Slim Pickens!

Good WWII movie. Now I'm itching to watch They Were Expendable again
Next time you watch They Were Expendable, you see the stars on 80' Elco PT Boats, same class as PT109, in the background you will see some other PT Boats. The Navy loaned the movie company four 78' Huckins PT boats. Only 18 were built, so not much footage of them. Also, some great sound effects, from the three Packard V-12 marine engines, no relation to the Merlin airplane engine, so also rare!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
TCM had several films by the great French director and clown (yes, clown) Pierre Etaix last night. He started as a protege of the wonderful Jacques Tati, and then struck out on his own. His films were not seen for decades because of legal hassles with thr rights. I saw Yoyo, Happy Anniversary, and Le Grand Romance last night. Absolutely dazzling and wonderful. If you get a chance, do see them. They're in French with subtitles, but since they're mostly visual, you'll have no problem following them.

Here's one of many articles about the recent restoration of his films.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/dec/23/pierre-etaix-clown-return-screen

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
the_help01.jpg

[video=youtube;8fgub5zkBVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fgub5zkBVk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Feraud

Bartender
Watched Django last night and loved it! Great casting and good old fashioned spaghetti western fun! Tarantino is on a winning streak with his last couple of films.

Watched Django last night and loved it! Great casting and good old fashioned spaghetti western fun! Tarantino is on a winning streak with his last couple of films.

Is it a coincidence that Christoph Waltz is a major player in both films? Great casting throughout, but his performance in both films was riveting.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21