Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Patrick Murtha said:
A beautiful film -- not a stereotypical WWII film in any sense. It's based on a fine novel by Harry Brown. Director Lewis Milestone distinguished himself with this movie, as did the entire cast.

I only got about 1/4 way through it before I had to go to church and I haven't finished it yet, but I was struck by how different it was compared to other WWII films.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Went to see Be Kind Rewind. an A+, this film has a lot of heart.

I hope everyone who sees the film and does not know who Fats Waller is will look him up.

I think Paul Dinello has a small part in that one--I love him. Will put it on the "to see" list.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
large_Presley.JPG

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:

Number forty-seven said to number three
Youre the cutest jailbird I ever did see.

My Dad is a huge fan grew up watching way too many Elvis movies...
Anyway watched The Good German last night... I thought it was great. I was already in love with Clooney and Cate so this really sealed the deal.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Marlowe said:
My Dad is a huge fan grew up watching way too many Elvis movies...

Yeah, doesn't take much. The good ones are a lot of fun, but there are only a couple that are really worth seeing.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I watched alot of movies this weekend. I should have been studying for the series 6.

I watched Reckless, Hail The Conquering Hero, Door To Door, Romance On The High Seas and How Green Was My Valley. I think I should just by Romance On The High Seas. The main reason I watch it is for the number "The Tourist Trade". I wish I could find a recording of that song.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Gift- I was confused. It started out as a Suspense Thriller then turned into a gothic ghost story at the end. If any one rents this be sure to watch the Neko Case music video in special features. Furnace Room Lullaby is the best.

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Army of Shadows... Wow!! Directed by Melville... I highly recommend it. It is about the fighters in the French Resistance and it was written and directed by two men who fought.
If you like that then you should also see Le Cercle Rouge.. the coolest movie ever.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Marlowe said:
Army of Shadows... Wow!! Directed by Melville... I highly recommend it. It is about the fighters in the French Resistance and it was written and directed by two men who fought.

The best film I saw in 2007, and one of the best DVD presentations ever (Criterion).

HoneyBee

New in Town
Feraud said:
Currently watching Helvetica.

I just saw this over the weekend and LOVED it! I've been meaning to see it since I saw the exhibit at the MOMA sometime last year.

This weekend I also watched two pretty sordid documentaries on the lives and deaths of old Hollywood stars - such as Errol Flynn, Fatty Arbuckle, Bing Crosby etc etc. I think they were called "When the Applause Died" and "Death in Hollywood" (they were together on one disc from Netflix).

Pretty morbid, I admit it!! I have a bit of a fascination with the "Hollywood Babylon"-type of thing.....

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Last night, I watched a rare example of an obscure sub-genre: the 1940s juvenile delinquent picture.

YOUTH RUNS WILD (1944) is not very good -- the story is convoluted, the pacing is deadly, the acting not up to par -- and that's somewhat surprising considering it was produced by Val Lewton and directed by Mark Robson. But it's reported that RKO edited all of the life out of it against Lewton's wishes, and I can believe it.

But it's a JD picture (of sorts), so it's entertaining on a certain level.

Feraud

Bartender
HoneyBee said:
I just saw this over the weekend and LOVED it! I've been meaning to see it since I saw the exhibit at the MOMA sometime last year.
Are you now walking around noticing all the Helvetica font in public?
The MOMO exhibit was cool. I just saw it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo