Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
LadyStardust said:
incred_wideweb__470x347,0.jpg

I just love the interaction between baby and the babysitter! I laugh sooo hard!

Myself, I just watched High Noon....

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I went in early this morning to preview our next show -- "The Orphanage," a Spanish horror picture produced by Gulliermo del Toro of "Pans Labyrinth" fame.

Brrrrrrrrr. Mostly a psychological thriller, but there are two particular scenes -- one involving a finger slammed in a door and the other involving an elderly lady wiped out by a speeding truck -- that will force me to turn away from the screen whenever I show it. If such pictures as "The Ring" and "The Grudge" make you lose sleep at night, this one will too.

The real horror, though, was the condition in which the print was shipped to us -- reel ends all loose in the cans and tangled up with each other to the point where it took me twenty minutes just to undo all the knots. If I ever get my hands on the booth clown at the multiplex in South Dennis Massachusetts who last had this print, I'll slam him so hard he'll vibrate for a week.

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Spiffy said:
You, my dear, are going to have quite a brilliant weekend, with those movies lined up!

Right!!?? i think it is going to involve some good wine as well, so I am a happy guy. trying to get some other folks to come over and hang with me and Orson but no takers... my friends are lame.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I watched a very bad print of FEMALE ON THE BEACH, a typically overwrought Joan Crawford vehicle from 1955 costarring Jeff Chandler and featuring Jan Sterling and Natalie "Lovey" Schafer.

In fact, it wasn't even a print. It was a projected DVD that someone burned from a captured television airing (complete with AMC bug in the lower right corner off and on throughout the movie).

All that said, it was a pretty entertaining picture.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I watched Lust Caution today and boy am I sorry I missed seeing that one in a theater. One of our local rep movie theaters sometimes brings back "recent" movies and I'm going to keep my eye out.

I love Ang Lee movies (well, the Hulk was a bit of a stumble, but...). Wei Tang was amazing, I thought she made the movie, and Tony Leung was wonderful, as always. The weak link was Lee-Hom Wang who was adequate but the film would have been stronger with a better actor in that role. I'd been warned that it was slow but I thought the pacing was fine. The film had a beautiful look to it (costumes, sets, cinematography) and the music was perfect. I was surprised by the ending but it was the right choice. The sex scenes were explicit but necessary to the plot.

In short, highly recommended.

Forrest Gump

I was watching Forrest Gump on ABC this evening and picked it up when he is in Viet Nam. THere are a number of places where it gets me a bit choked up. As a happy/sad & sentimental movie, it is a film that gets to me it a big way.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I watched "Atonement" last night-at the theatre, of course- and I was so moved by the plot, absolutely loved the costuming, and goodness gracious, Kiera Knightley was, and is, lovely.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
KY Gentleman said:
I'm watching "Big Trouble In Little China" right now. Jack Burton has his hands full I'll tell ya...:)

Another favorite! "It's all in the reflexes."

I also like, for some reason, "Hudson Hawk". It gets a bit cartoonish near the end, but I love that Chrysler limousine! And as much as I dislike Sandra Bernhard personally, I actually enjoy her performance in this movie.

Last night I watched "The Langoliers". I hadn't seen it in years, so it was almost new again. :)

Lee

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
gotta love Netflix

I just watched Mr. Smith Goes to Washington with Jimmy Stewart. If you have Netflix, they have about 5000 movies that you can watch immediately online. Its pretty slick although the selection is not the best. I take an S-video cable and hook my laptop to the HD TV in the house, and its like a night at the movies.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I watched 10 Things I Hate About You last night - felt a bit sad watching Heath Ledger, but it's such a good, silly movie, that I wanted to watch it again.

Started a WW2 flick this morning - A Walk In the Sun with Dana Andrews and Lloyd Bridges.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
AmateisGal said:
Started a WW2 flick this morning - A Walk In the Sun with Dana Andrews and Lloyd Bridges.

A beautiful film -- not a stereotypical WWII film in any sense. It's based on a fine novel by Harry Brown. Director Lewis Milestone distinguished himself with this movie, as did the entire cast.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I got to see the middle part of "The Aviator" yesterday but I had to leave for work. I plan on renting it tomorrow though, I was hooked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo