What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Amy Jeanne, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

The Numbers Station. A pretty good thriller about those strange broadcasts of numbers that can be heard all over the world on short wave radio.

2. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

I thought this was good. Sappy ending, but funny.

3. vintageTink

vintageTink One Too Many

We watched a decent movie about a son whose dad died when the son was a child. He has a ham radio and ends up taking to his dad in the past. It's called Frequency.

4. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

McCarthy and Bateman are naturally hilarious.
    :D

5. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I liked it as well, but my friend and I walked out of the theater in complete agreement that the worst thing we could say about it was that there's nothing special about it--if you've seen movies like Mulholland Falls, L.A. Confidential (1997), The Untouchables (1987), and/or Chinatown (1974), you've already seen it. Also, some of the dialogue is clichéd and too clever for it's own good. Otherwise, it's not bad. Solid performances, good soundtrack, and if you're into late-40s Los Angeles it looks beautiful.

6. Chasseur

Chasseur Call Me a Cab

I'm glad you mentioned this because I feel similarly about that film, but know its loved by many on this forum... It should all be there: great cast, great hats/clothes, great cars, etc. But I find the film totally empty and not interesting. The film seems like an beautifully set stage waiting for a decent story.

7. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Definitely nothing new and cliched. My excitement over it came from seeing a movie of this type being once again made for the big screen. And though I enjoyed it, there is very little that jumps out at me many months later.

8. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

There is no life, no energy, no passion to the movie. There are scenes where such energy should have been felt based on the dialogue or what was attempting to be conveyed, but it all fell flat, blah. It is 0 for 2 with me.

9. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Miss You Can Do It. A documentary about a pagent for children with disabilities created by Miss Iowa USA 2008, Abbey Curran. Abbey was born with Cerebral Palsy.

10. Hondo

Hondo One Too Many

Watch ‘The Blob’ with Steve McQueen, didn't know Aneta Corsaut was Helen Crump in ‘The Andy Griffith Show’, god she was only 25, and a beauty.
    She passed away (Cancer) in 1995 at 63 :(

11. ^^^Sounds like an interesting documentary, Touch.

Just watched Chicago Syndicate (1955, Columbia), with Dennis O'Keefe, Abbe Lane, Paul Stewart, Allison Hayes, and Xavier Cugat and His Orchestra. The feds hire accountant O'Keefe to worm his way into Stewart's organization (using a $60,000 reward as inducement), with the intent of the former getting his hands on the latter's account books. Lane, in a key role as Stewart's mistress, exudes quite a bit of sex appeal, and while Hayes exhibits some of that appeal herself, her role is more of the "good girl" trying to find out who killed her father (who, as Stewart's former book-keeper, turned stool pigeon). Great location shots of Chicago, decent script, but the storyline itself had already been explored. O'Keefe's character is purportedly 36 years old, but in reality the actor was 47 when the film was released, and looks/acts it (although he is fine as always).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  12. Edward

Edward Bartender

A Field in England. Very surreal, at time reminded me of The Seventh Seal in visual style. I liked it a lot, though.

13. mikepara

mikepara Practically Family

Just watched two Michael Caine, Harry Palmer films in a row, A Funeral In Berlin 1966 and The Ipcress file 1965. Superb. Did I mention I love Spy films?

14. Touchofevil

Touchofevil

Hard to not feel emotional as you watch the lives of these children and their parents. It reminds me how easy my life has been even in its most difficult of times as well as how blessed I have been.

15. Wally_Hood

Wally_Hood One Too Many

Despicable Me 2. Lots of fun. Older teen Hood wanted us to see it in 3D, so I bit my tongue and went; it was actually very well done.

16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Currently watching The Great Escape for the umpteenth time on the Military Channel. :playball:

17. Stray Cat

Stray Cat My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just finished watching Elmer Gantry.

[​IMG]

It was on TV.
    Strange film..
    "What is love? Love is the morning and the evening star!"

18. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange I'll Lock Up

It's a great film with a signature performance by Burt Lancaster (though it was Shirley Jones who won the Supporting Actress Oscar for playing against type as a bad girl), but it barely covers half of the brilliant Sinclair Lewis source novel.

19. Jimmy_1948

Jimmy_1948 New in Town

I just finished "Nora Prentiss". It's a great noir piece. I got it as a gift for Father's Day, but just watched it.

20. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

"World War Z" - C+ - I don't know what the flack is over this one. I enjoyed the hell out of it. It had great pacing, great special effects, decent acting and VERY few groan worthy moments of stupidity. I almost walked out after the cell phone debacle. Like most wives in action pics Pitt's Missus in this one reaches new lows idiocy and worthlessness. God, can't we have a strong believable woman and some kids with more common sense than a bowl of oatmeal? Still, despite these rather large drawbacks I enjoyed the movie and will definately see the sequel.

Worf