Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

W-D Forties

Practically Family
As it was midsummer over here recently we introduced out 14 year old son to The Wicker Man. After he spent the first 5 minutes annoyingly asking 'So, is there actually a wicker man then?' over and over I think he found it interesting. I don't think it had the profound effect on him it had on me at that age though!

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Grease sing a long. Complete with goodie bag of props to use during the movie. Plus prizes for people who came dressed like the people in the movie. I was a brunette Sandy :). It was so much FUN!

Last edited:

vintageTink

One Too Many
As it was midsummer over here recently we introduced out 14 year old son to The Wicker Man. After he spent the first 5 minutes annoyingly asking 'So, is there actually a wicker man then?' over and over I think he found it interesting. I don't think it had the profound effect on him it had on me at that age though!

That's because most kids his age don't mind seeing Nicolas cage set on fire. LOL

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
The Big Labowski.... I want my 117 minutes back. I can't believe the cult following this film has. It's just so stupid and pointless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Big Labowski.... I want my 117 minutes back. I can't believe the cult following this film has. It's just so stupid and pointless.
In my experience The Big Lebowski is one of those movies that people either like a lot, or don't like at all; I've never talked to anyone who didn't have a strong opinion about it one way or the other. Me, I'm in the "like" camp. Different strokes for different folks.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I like it, but there are MANY Coen Bros. films I like much more. Just off the top of my head: A Serious Man, No Country For Old Men, The Hudsucker Proxy, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing...

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Yeah... put me in the "I don't get it and don't understand the hype" camp. I almost came to blows with my rhythm guitarist one night over this tripe. He considers himself a film affcianado.... pheh! Still to each they're own. I think one's love of this film is directly proportional to the amount of drugs one has consumed over the years. I'm not saying you have to be stoned to the point of oblivion to get this film... but I'm just sayin' it probably helps.

Worf

rjb1

Practically Family
+1 to Worf's comment:"I don't get it and don't understand the hype" .
I actually can't remember much about it, and it wasn't that long ago that I saw it. It just came and went without leaving an impression.

Yeah... put me in the "I don't get it and don't understand the hype" camp. I almost came to blows with my rhythm guitarist one night over this tripe. He considers himself a film affcianado.... pheh! Still to each they're own. I think one's love of this film is directly proportional to the amount of drugs one has consumed over the years. I'm not saying you have to be stoned to the point of oblivion to get this film... but I'm just sayin' it probably helps.

Worf
Stoned Hippie Bowling:[video=youtube_share;UFfyIKilcco]http://youtu.be/UFfyIKilcco[/video]Not much to understand. :p

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
+1 to Worf's comment:"I don't get it and don't understand the hype" .
I actually can't remember much about it, and it wasn't that long ago that I saw it. It just came and went without leaving an impression.

Same here. Didn't find it as impressive as most people, I suppose.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many

There is a group of Lebowski fans at work that can quote favorite parts of dialogue from the movie and say "Hey that's just like in The Big Lebowski when..."

I have not seen it and have no desire to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy