Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
A documentary on bombing Hitler's dams - i.e. the dambusters. It was really interesting.

"Experts recreate the bold feat of “dambuster” pilots who used bouncing bombs to destroy two key German dams in WWII."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/military/bombing-hitler-dams.html

It was on Netflix if anyone is interested.

The pilot that flew the reenactment was the late Arnie Schreder, Chief pilot for Buffalo Airways. What a pilot, just incredible to watch. On the funny side, Arnie had 36,000 hours as a pilot, I figured that it was more time then all the pilots in 617 squadron combined at the time of the Dam Buster raid!
hi-arnie-schreder_zpsac97b056.jpg

mikepara

Practically Family
Just watched The ghosts and the darkness. Can't in all honesty say I was impressed. Least of all with Val's Irish accent. I bought it on the mention and picture in the Adventurers thread, last time I do that. Not recommended.

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
Watched a Japanese movie about the war on Saipan during WWII:
Title "The War in the Pacific."
It came out in 2011.
The film is about a group of Japanese soldiers and civilians who held out and continued to fight until December 1, 1945.

Locrian

New in Town
A night ago I rewatched Lolita by Stanley Kubrick — mostly because I had recently seen the remake by Adrian Lyne with Jeremy Irons and had found it quite disturbing. I wanted to see whether watching the Kubrick version would now be the same kind of uncomfortable experience. Thankfully it wasn't. Peter Sellers is like carbon-rod-comedy-fun stuck randomly into that nuclear reactor to slow it down.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Vanishing Point, the original! I can't believe it took me 40 years to realize, the time line is all off! I have driven from Colorado to California many times, including the rout Kawalski took. Tom will like this, one time was in a 71 Ford Stationwagon, with a taller right front tire, and studded snow tires on the back. We threw all the studs on the right side in Utah, and the left side coming back through Utah. Even James, in his Hippie top Cadillac could leave on Friday evening, take a nice relaxing afternoon and evening at a motel in Utah, and have fun with a couple of those Hippie Chicks, and still be in San Francisco Monday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran