Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Dead Reckoning 1947 on TCM, but so far with a lot of interruptions. People!
Watched it once upon a time, but it's been a while. Good flick from what I remember.

Lizabeth Scott's best movie (and a very good movie). In "Dead Reckoning" she is a star holding her own with Bogie, but in other movies that I've seen her in, she comes off a bit flat. It's odd how that happens.

From stills she looks to have been a beautiful woman, and beautiful in a darker modern way.

Good call. She was leaner and more angular than the normal star of her time - and had straight, unfussy hair compared to many other female stars then. Lauren Bacall had similar characteristics. But somehow, it all didn't come together for Scott other than in "Dead Reckoning." I don't think it was because her looks were not of the time; Bacall did okay as did others. It's that she didn't spark; she didn't have that extra gear that the big stars have where they take a movie up a notch up (mediocre material becomes okay to good, good to very good, and very good to great). What has always surprised me is that she did it once and never again (at least in the five or six other Scott movies I've seen).

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I think I've seen that film James.
If it's a low budget, foreign horror, I've probably got it either on a file sharing program or dvd.

Right now I'm watching Family Plot (1976).
This better be good, there are only so many hours in my day and I don't want to waste them.
Of course I'm somewhat of a fan of bad films, who else has an Ed Wood DVD collection? :D

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Humoresque (1946) with Joan Crawford and John Garfield, dir. Jean Negulsco. Some gripping camera work, such as slow zoom onto Crawford's face as she listens to Garfield's character play the violin.

...and First Spaceship on Venus, courtesy MST3K

I think I've seen that film James.
If it's a low budget, foreign horror, I've probably got it either on a file sharing program or dvd.

Right now I'm watching Family Plot (1976).
This better be good, there are only so many hours in my day and I don't want to waste them.
Of course I'm somewhat of a fan of bad films, who else has an Ed Wood DVD collection? :D
I watched part of another film on that disk and bailed on it. It was just too stupid.:rofl:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm now watching
Rifftrax The Guy From Harlem (1977).
Not much action, bad dialogue, and really poor acting.
On the plus side, the music isn't bad, and it's a nice view of Miami before Miami Vice moved in and redid a lot of the area.

Last edited:
I'm now watching
Rifftrax The Guy From Harlem (1977).
Not much action, bad dialogue, and really poor acting.
On the plus side, the music isn't bad, and it's a nice view of Miami before Miami Vice moved in and redid a lot of the area.
I have you beat I watched
2_midi.jpg
Grindhouse classics. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have you beat I watched
2_midi.jpg
Grindhouse classics. :p
That's a 6.2 on IMDB.com.
Most of the MST3K movies are at least below 3 stars. :faint:
It's an embarrassment to the program if they show higher than that.
Rifftrax is made up from some of the old MST3K guys, so the jokes are similar.
The Guy From Harlem wasn't bad, of course there were plot holes BECAUSE OF BAD EDITING.
Then again, a lot of films the wife and I watch don't have a plot. :D
An interesting dark comedy is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106792/
Odd but funny, with Ned Beaty in a supporting role, but oddly enough he's the only star in the movie, although Steve Buscemi is well known.

That's a 6.2 on IMDB.com.
Most of the MST3K movies are at least below 3 stars. :faint:
It's an embarrassment to the program if they show higher than that.
Rifftrax is made up from some of the old MST3K guys, so the jokes are similar.
The Guy From Harlem wasn't bad, of course there were plot holes BECAUSE OF BAD EDITING.
Then again, a lot of films the wife and I watch don't have a plot. :D
An interesting dark comedy is http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106792/
Odd but funny, with Ned Beaty in a supporting role, but oddly enough he's the only star in the movie, although Steve Buscemi is well known.

The whole thing was way out there when you can get God and Aliens into the same movie. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh.
One of those....
Nobody made a mountain out of mashed potatoes did they?
Stranger than this one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051993/
The main character is impregnated with aliens that look like shrimp.
The MST3K version is one of their best if you can find it on youtube.
Nothing beats a good Burt I Gordon flick though.
Well good is a bit misleading...funny would be a better term.

Oh.
One of those....
Nobody made a mountain out of mashed potatoes did they?
Stranger than this one?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051993/
The main character is impregnated with aliens that look like shrimp.
The MST3K version is one of their best if you can find it on youtube.
Nothing beats a good Burt I Gordon flick though.
Well good is a bit misleading...funny would be a better term.

I have seen that one already. Not the MST version.
And no. No mashed potatoes.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Mayweather vs. Alvarez - Not a great fight but a good fight for those of us that love the sweet science. The art of hitting and not getting hit, not pounding someone into the canvas. An older, faster man beating a larger, younger opponent through skill, guile and great defence. In the end the kid said he "just couldn't catch em". It wasn't just running like a scared chicken either, it was move, punch, slip the return, punch and move again... masterful!

Worf

PS errrr... I guess I put this in the WRONG thread... silly me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21