Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Sophisticado

New in Town
"It Happened One Night". Great movie, great cast. Clark Gable, his talent was just ticking over, didn't even look as if he was trying. Great Actor, Great Dresser and had more talent in his little finger than most new actors. Only one actor who may trump Clark is the formidable Cary Grant, who is, as they say nowadays, most worthy.

"It Happened One Night". Great movie, great cast. Clark Gable, his talent was just ticking over, didn't even look as if he was trying. Great Actor, Great Dresser and had more talent in his little finger than most new actors. Only one actor who may trump Clark is the formidable Cary Grant, who is, as they say nowadays, most worthy.

I greatly enjoy Clark Gable as an actor (and dresser) and agree that "It Happened One NIght" lifts off the screen. That said, one thing that has always driven me crazy about Clark Gable is his, to my eye, over gesticulating walk - it's as if he's moving three times as much as he needs to with his arms swinging, body pumping, head bopping - it's all too much. And I am a big fan of his, but in some movies his walk drives me crazy. Away from that pet peeve, I love that he made one of his best movies twice, first "Red Dust" and then again as "Mogambo." I think I prefer "Red Dust," but I enjoy both greatly.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
That said, one thing that has always driven me crazy about Clark Gable is his, to my eye, over gesticulating walk - it's as if he's moving three times as much as he needs to with his arms swinging, body pumping, head bopping - it's all too much. And I am a big fan of his, but in some movies his walk drives me crazy.

How I feel about the way Tom Cruise runs. Weird.
:rofl:

mahiliya

New in Town
The last movie that I saw was the 'White House Down '. The maker of the film has done a very good work in the previous movies, '2012' and 'The Day After Tomorrow'. And this time he has again done an excellent work.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Long Haul" - Middling post-war pot-boiler starring Victor Mature and Diana Dor's (poor mans Marilyn Monroe). I'd a turned it off but Mature and the other drivers kept sporting these beautiful, vintage surplus Irvins and Duffel Coats. Sigh... two hours I'll never git back.

Worf

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday the mail delivered a copy of "The Anderson Tapes" from 1971 with Sean Connery (post-Bond) and I sat down to watch it with no particular expectations other than Maltin gave it 3 of 4 stars in his book. I was surprised to discover that this is an EXCELLENT film with great acting, great scripting, great story, great photography... just great overall. Strongly recommended if you like caper films, or just smart, focused films generally.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Just awful. And believe me, I've seen some rubbish in my time (after all, I spent seven years working in cinemas through the 1980s!!!). It's not very often that I am praying for a film to end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav