Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm playing those now.

H.G. Wells The Time Machine (1960) is on.
I've seen this numerous times, but it's still fascinating to me.
The ability to go back in time, make a law that all hippies must bathe, so James wouldn't have such a bad view of them nowdays. :D

I'm playing those now.

H.G. Wells The Time Machine (1960) is on.
I've seen this numerous times, but it's still fascinating to me.
The ability to go back in time, make a law that all hippies must bathe, so James wouldn't have such a bad view of them nowdays. :D

On TCM.

Sadly, it would not work as hippies don't abide by the laws of The Man.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
On TCM.

Sadly, it would not work as hippies don't abide by the laws of The Man.
:D

Forgot about that.
I could go back in time, and talk to Garcia and The Grateful Dirty.
Inspire them to write a song "Washin."
"Washin and I'm really clean, just washin...off that dirty sheen, my old lady helped me scrub and there's a ring around the tub, but I just keep washin oooooooon." :D
Could have been played a lot on Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind.
Of course Led Zeppelin recorded the Rain Song, but they didn't mention hippies actually standing in it.

celestial

Familiar Face
The Ghost And The Darkness - I realize that the script may have only been in the same building as a history book but I still like this movie a lot.
He he, yeah. For example, the character that Michael Douglas played was completely fictional. Historical inaccuracies aside though, this still remains one of my favourite films. And that soundtrack!

[video=youtube;7LuTkoRnG7g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LuTkoRnG7g[/video]

Husband watched"The Hunger Games". Does that count?
Tell him to watch Battle Royale. It's the vastly superior film that The Hunger Games is based on.

Battle_royale_pochette.jpg

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Just watched "Arabesque" with Sophia Loren and Gregory Peck, filmed in 1965 on location in England, and at the risk of sounding shallow, I can't imagine that a more beautiful woman has ever walked this planet.

Developing my observations of Sophia’s stunning looks in this film, I’ve just been reading numerous reviews and the gist is that this was indeed her finest hour in terms of displaying her transcendent, luminescent, goddess-like beauty. Can you tell I’m smitten? :D

Last edited:
Just watched "Arabesque" with Sophia Loren and Gregory Peck, filmed in 1965 on location in England, and at the risk of sounding shallow, I can't imagine that a more beautiful woman has ever walked this planet.

Developing my observations of Sophia’s stunning looks in this film, I’ve just been reading numerous reviews and the gist is that this was indeed her finest hour in terms of displaying her transcendent, luminescent, goddess-like beauty. Can you tell I’m smitten? :D

Hmmmm...
Sophia+Loren+1957.jpg

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
First Men in the Moon (1964). Saw it at the movies when a kid; now with dvr technology I can pick up on the angles, cuts, special effects, and what not that I had been trying to remember. Had to Google "selenites" in order to discover that it was a word based on Selena, the moon goddess.

Full Disclosure: I fast forwarded through a lot of the set up and quirky characterizations in the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925