Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Going in I mostly knew what to expect. That is why I rented it through Redbox for a buck. ;)

Read the book once upon a time and knew from the previews that the movie followed book in name only. Did not expect a whole lot and consequently was entertained enough. I was more entertained than I was by Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter which although more like the book was somehow made in to a waste of my life.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Burlington Northern/Santa Fe Safety films.
I found it on Amazon Instant Video.
Nice 50's through 70's styles, including one story about a TV being delivered broken.
It's a 50's Motorola, complete with the 50's house and furniture.

celestial

Familiar Face
the-raid-redemption-574x381.jpg

Was pretty amazing.

Feraud

Bartender
Read the book once upon a time and knew from the previews that the movie followed book in name only. Did not expect a whole lot and consequently was entertained enough. I was more entertained than I was by Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter which although more like the book was somehow made in to a waste of my life.
I couldn't sit through 15 minutes of the Vampire Hunter business...and I tried 2x! :eusa_doh:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't sit through 15 minutes of the Vampire Hunter business...and I tried 2x! :eusa_doh:
It was okay in 3d, but the theater we went to was old, and the screen wasn't that large.
Put it in HD with a large tv, and it looked a lot better.

Tonight it's The Crimson Cult, with Karloff, Lee, and Steele.
This is the film Karloff got pneumonia from, because some fool put him in freezing rain. :mad:
As a result of that action, he went downhill quickly.
I know the smoking didn't help, but given his age and condition, I often feel better decisions could have been made to keep him with us a few more years.
Also have several classic horror movies set to tape in the next few nights.
I'll watch Cleopatra Jones tomorrow night while those are taping. ;)

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
We are watching "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Not strictly a horror film.

There is a graveyard, blood, a guy gets thrown into a fire, there's a storm. If it had a kook with a hockey mask you'd swear it was horrorific

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Bad is the new Good. Lower expectations make everything better. Everyone is a winner!

Is this a slap at silver painted paper plates on a string? :D
Or plots that don't make any sense whatsoever if you think about them for more than 30 seconds?
I have a large collection of those, mostly Mystery Science Theater 3000's versions of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart