Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Corto said:
I know the 60's generation must've found Cool Hand Luke to be a powerful statement on authority and non-conformity- but I found it a little heavy handed (Holy Christ imagery, Batman!). I can appreciate it for what it must've meant to the kids watching it in the theaters during the Vietnam-era.

now what you got there is failure to communicate...;)

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
SamMarlowPI said:
What's Love Got To Do With It?...another great film...didn't realize Angela Bassett was so ripped...dang...

I went to college with Angela Bassett -- we were both Yale College Class of 1980 (she was also Yale Drama School, later). We both took Theater Studies 101 in our freshman year, and acted in scenes together. Always a nice person and a fine performer -- I'm happy for her success.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Just picked up a copy of "Strangers on a Train" at the grocerystore :)

Came home and watched it with my son, who loved it..I said, "You ain't seen nothin' yet":D

We may have to start a Sunday afternoon Hitchcock festival...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Patrick Murtha said:
I went to college with Angela Bassett -- we were both Yale College Class of 1980 (she was also Yale Drama School, later). We both took Theater Studies 101 in our freshman year, and acted in scenes together. Always a nice person and a fine performer -- I'm happy for her success.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
I watched Robert Altman's 'Popeye' last night. It's pretty underrated, but I found it a delight to watch again. Shelley Duvall was the perfect choice for Olive Oyl.

Altman took a lot of heat for this movie, but I think it's one of the most inventive "comic strip" movies ever. Chief deficit: a weak ending.

zaika

One Too Many
Teacher's Pet starring Clark Gable and Doris Day. I've always been attracted to older men, but this is ridiculous!! Delightful film, and wowie! Mr. Gable! :rolleyes:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Oh my lord what a double feature last night: 'Plan Nine from Outer Space' ...actually so bad that it's good...followed by 'Chained Heat'...gotta love those womens prisons films. lol

Badluck Brody

Practically Family

Just watched Resistance with Bill Paxton and Julia Ormond.

He's a downed WWII pilot and she's a member of the Maquis.

Somehow I'll always remember him as either Hutson in Aliens or as Severen in Near Dark...

Hondo

One Too Many
Eastern Promises

Not for the faint of heart, I saw “Eastern Promises” the other night, enjoyed it the suspenseful plot, twists in fate, didn’t know the KGB could be so thoughtful as well as tough, surprised no one mention this film yet. :eusa_clap

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Hondo said:
Not for the faint of heart, I saw “Eastern Promises” the other night, enjoyed it the suspenseful plot, twists in fate, didn’t know the KGB could be so thoughtful as well as tough, surprised no one mention this film yet. :eusa_clap

I really liked this movie as well. Especially, with a pretty girl riding a pretty tough motorbike. As for Viggo, who I find to be in top-notch form lately. Has anyone else checked out his style in the current Men's Vogue? It is excellant.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Badluck Brody said:
Just watched Resistance with Bill Paxton and Julia Ormond.

He's a downed WWII pilot and she's a member of the Maquis.

Somehow I'll always remember him as either Hutson in Aliens or as Severen in Near Dark...

I *think* this is based on the Anita Shreve book (which is in my VAST to be read pile). Is the movie any good?

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Hondo said:

Viggo's tattoos!
*fans self*

Hondo

One Too Many
Sorry kid, I doubt Viggo Mortensen really has those tattoos, Although I have one tattoo when I was younger, (faded falcon & cobra) I am not a big fan of them especially on woman which I find a bit ugly, just my opinion, Viggo has been a favorite since Hidalgo, the DVD does have info on Russian mafia tattoos, their meaning. even with the violence, I thought it was a good portrayal, or plot.

Spiffy said:
Viggo's tattoos!
*fans self*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch