Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Yes, that's the one. It's the one we start with and "The Passion of the Christ" is the one we finish with.

Sounds like emotional abuse to me. I bawl during animated representations.

Seven or eight years ago, I had the pleasure of being introduced to James Caviezel, a most courtly gentleman,
and we discussed Notre Dame football for a few minutes before parting, and I am embarassed to admit that I still
haven't seen The Passion of the Christ.

:eeek: Glad to hear he's a gentleman. So many famous aren't. Great story. :biggrin:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My 4yo watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas. This is March, isn't it?

Some days I'm not sure. :D
Since I get up at 5am everyday, I'll be able to watch A Christmas Story tomorrow morning, without the wife interrupting

Tonight it's Oceans Eleven (1960).
I've never seen it, and the wife wanted to watch it because of the Rat Pack (plus the music, scenery, and styles).

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Houseboat, with Cary Grant and Sophia Loren and a bunch of familiar faces

We just finished the last episode of the last season of Lark Rise to Candleford, and my emotions are pretty jumbled up: Minnie and Alfie really got to me, as did Margaret and Thomas.

Last night started Gate of Hell, Japan, 1953; more when I can sit down and watch it through; the opening is breathtaking in Technicolor

Yesterday I stumbled upon "12 O'Clock High" on TCM in the early afternoon and said I'd only watch the first ten or so minutes and then watch the entire 2+hours. One of the ways you know a movie is great is when you enjoy watching it the third or fourth time (which this was for me) because you are no longer focused on the plot but instead focus on a particular character or characters or a sub-theme or other part of the movie that you couldn't or didn't notice in earlier viewings - and you thoroughly enjoy the viewing.

This time I paid particular attention to Dean Jagger as the adjunct and, also, the individual pilots as opposed to Gregory Peck or Gary Merrill - it gave me a new appreciation for both the character developed of Jagger's character (he is a plot-driving foil to Peck in the best way) and how all the small dramas of the pilots played into driving the larger theme of why Merrill failed and Peck succeeded as their leader. Also, the black and white film is gorgeous, very rich and crisp.

And Wally_Hood, based on your earlier recommendation, I have the first disk of Lark Rise to Candleford coming from Netflix.

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
21 Days

Laurence Olivier & Vivien Leigh.

Dreadful.

My favourite part of the film:
the+end.jpg

That is a great flick. I love the sets and costume detail - really makes me feel immersed back in time to that period. I love it when a movie can do that.

In that vein, The Winds of War miniseries was that detailed and effective IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always felt that it deserved best picture over The Titanic, but what do I know?
:D

hatguy1

One Too Many
I have always felt that it deserved best picture over The Titanic, but what do I know?
:D

Another effective flick at making one feel like they are there.... I can remember when I saw Titanic in theater, that after about an hour or so I glanced at my watch thinking..."Hmmm. I've been here for an hour, it took 2 hours for the ship to sink and it hasn't even hit the iceberg yet...."

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Shivers! 1970s(I think) awful supposed horror about a parasite invading peoples bodies. Looked more like a turd pulled along by some string.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Shivers! 1970s(I think) awful supposed horror about a parasite invading peoples bodies. Looked more like a turd pulled along by some string.

God almighty... that was the best laugh I had all day. And I needed a good one too. Woke up this morning and the heat was OFF. It was about 12 degrees overnight... (F) and the house was a toasty 52 when I woke up. $!@$#!%$%%$!!!! battery powered thermostats!!!!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum