Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Dawn Patrol (1930) w/ Richard Barthelmess, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Neil Hamilton, dir. Howard Hawks. Some of the aerial footage is astounding.
Yepper so good in fact they used it frame for frame in the David Niven Errol Flynn remake 9 years later. All they did was reshoot the interior shots and cockpit close-ups.

Worf

This%20Man%20Can't%20Die%20(I%20lunghi%20giorni%20dell'odio)_icon.jpg

Really excellent---for the genre.

frussell

One Too Many
I'll have to watch that one. Guy Madison lived not far from me in the last years of his life, and was a longtime friend of my grandfather. I'm ashamed to say I've seen very few of his movies. He went out at the same hospital where I came in. Frank.

I'll have to watch that one. Guy Madison lived not far from me in the last years of his life, and was a longtime friend of my grandfather. I'm ashamed to say I've seen very few of his movies. He went out at the same hospital where I came in. Frank.

This was a good one that I got with a bunch of other movies on DVD from Walmart for $5. It was well worth it.
He was a fast gun in this movie.

frussell

One Too Many
Were there any car chases or Orc terrorists in this one? I can't wait to see what other new material that egomaniac has added. If he can squeeze three long movies out of that tiny book, he'll be able to make about 27 full length films out of "the Silmarillion."

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Eight Iron Men. A WWII movie with Lee Marvin, pretty good. Eight Men Out. No matter what you think of the Black Socks World Series, it brought to us two of the greatest names, Shoeless Joe, and Kenesaw Mountain Landis. What a name! Plus, it gave us the greatest quote in sports history, "say it ain't so, Joe!"

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Eight Men Out. No matter what you think of the Black Socks World Series...

The scandal typified the basic Sox character. The Cubs on the other hand would never have sold out the World Series.
Instead, the Cubs are hexed by an evil spell:eeek: that remains unshakable, cannot be broken, and has plagued the team for years.
The Cubs nevertheless continue to pursue excellence on and off the diamond, and, unlike the White Sox, are admirable role models.:eusa_clap

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Three different versions of "A Christmas Carol" aka "Scrooge" on TCM last night. I was "down with the sickness" for the last couple of days and sat lumpified on the couch. The 1938 version wuz pretty good and I must admit I liked Albert Finney's portrayal more than I thought I would. But his humpbacked mumbling Ebeneezer was had to follow.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The scandal typified the basic Sox character. The Cubs on the other hand would never have sold out the World Series.
Instead, the Cubs are hexed by an evil spell:eeek: that remains unshakable, cannot be broken, and has plagued the team for years.
The Cubs nevertheless continue to pursue excellence on and off the diamond, and, unlike the White Sox, are admirable role models.:eusa_clap

Man you MUST be in the running for "homer of the year"!!! To hear you put it, the "Black Sox" made a deal with Mr. Scratch and have won at least one champeenship in THIS Century while you guys.... Wha? Bartman who? Hunh?

Worf

Three different versions of "A Christmas Carol" aka "Scrooge" on TCM last night. I was "down with the sickness" for the last couple of days and sat lumpified on the couch. The 1938 version wuz pretty good and I must admit I liked Albert Finney's portrayal more than I thought I would. But his humpbacked mumbling Ebeneezer was had to follow.

Worf

Living with my girlfriend - she loves herself a good Christmas Special - I think we have seen every version of "A Christmas Carol" ever done. Just from memory, my favorite versions are 1951's starring Alastair Sim and 1999's (TV's version) with Patrick Stewart (that is a voice for Scrooge and a very believable conversion) with a close third going to 1938's Reginald Owen one (but, if memory serves, also hard to hear the dialogue).

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Living with my girlfriend - she loves herself a good Christmas Special - I think we have seen every version of "A Christmas Carol" ever done. Just from memory, my favorite versions are 1951's starring Alastair Sim and 1999's (TV's version) with Patrick Stewart (that is a voice for Scrooge and a very believable conversion) with a close third going to 1938's Reginald Owen one (but, if memory serves, also hard to hear the dialogue).

Sims is my fave as well. I didn't buy the Picard one for some reason... Too much Trek I suppose. Reginald Owens is a distant third for me. Bill Murray's "Scrooged" is a solid second. Rarely has an oft told tale been "modernized" so well.

Worf

Sims is my fave as well. I didn't buy the Picard one for some reason... Too much Trek I suppose. Reginald Owens is a distant third for me. Bill Murray's "Scrooged" is a solid second. Rarely has an oft told tale been "modernized" so well.

Worf

I know we've chatted about this before, but "Star Trek The Next Generation" was too 1980's politically correct for me to really get into the show (also I'd rather stick pins in my fingers than hear one line of dialogue from Deanna Troy), so Stewart isn't that identified in my mind with Star Trek as he is for most. (I like every other Star Trek series better, although, I haven't seen "Deep Space Nine" - don't know why / how I missed that one.)

Also, even though I think Murray is a true actor (and I didn't hold this opinion of him in the '70s and '80s, but do now, the guy is the real deal), I have never seen "Scrooged."

That's a lot of background nonsense to say, if he wasn't typecast in your mind, I think you'd really enjoy Stewart in "A Christmas Carol."

P.S. To this day, Species 8472 is shorthand with my girlfriend and me for the scariest thing on earth. Any species that scares the Borg deserves respect and awe.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Man you MUST be in the running for "homer of the year"!!! To hear you put it, the "Black Sox" made a deal with Mr. Scratch and have won at least one champeenship in THIS Century while you guys...

Worf

A tongue-n-cheek before coffee foul ball blast out to left field. But now that you mention it, the devil is in the details....;)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
A Christmas Carol (1938)
sp9jew.jpg

This scene is where the nephew is telling Scrooge about the "spirit" of Christmas.

I would like to invite the couple who are having doubts or questions about Christmas & their little boy
to watch this movie...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn