Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
stillsparkling said:
The Broadway Melody of 1940 - I loved it!

Great movie, I have it... Love the entire cast and the sets are amazing!

Last night the lady and I watched a film she picked out... A very unique 1983 film called POLYESTER staring Divine... lol

Strange film... as most early 80s films are. It's one of those that you just have to laugh at and can't really take serious in any way.

Oh well, I laughed at the part when the rebellious daughter left the house with her grease ball boyfriend to go smack people on the street with a broom... and then they hit a large preacher lady and as she gets on the buss, she kicks the bus driver out and she hijacks the buss to run down the two kids who smacked her in the butt! lol The whole buss is going mad! lol That's really the best part in the whole film.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
plain old dave said:
Watched "The Shootist" again the other night. The Duke went out at the top of his game; the other actors, writers and production were all top grade, as well. Not sure if you all are aware of this but almost ALL of the scenes in The Shootist where the Duke is showing physical weakness are not acting; he was suffering from, I believe, stomach cancer at the time and they just left the shots where he would get out of breath or stagger as shot. I really think that decision made J.B. Books, the dying gunfighter, much more believable.

I saw this for the first time about a month and a half ago and it's really stuck with me. I think it was pretty great, as well.

- Ian

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Bustercat said:
Miller's crossing, right now.

It just gets better each damn time.

Check out the inspiration, both the novel and the flick:

460590.1020.A.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member