Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
VitaminG said:
great movie. I thought I was so clever when I "worked it out" about 35 minutes into the movie (IIRC) - about 30 seconds before Sam Rockwell's character did. lol lol And then it turns out that that wasn't "it" anyway. Brilliant movie. I need to buy that one.

I normally do that with movies too, but this one was so compelling, and so well done, that a third into it, I just stopped trying to 'figure it out' and just went along for the ride.

The only thing I wish they explained was did the original Sam know he had been cloned? And I wish there was a greater time lapse between the original Sam and the time the clones figure it all out. That would have given much more impact to the hundreds of clones in waiting.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Brinybay said:
Changeling

One fashion comment, I really like those style of hats she was wearing. I don't know what they're called, but I think they are very elegant and feminine looking. I've seen modern versions on occasion, and although not as prominent, they still look very stylish.

changeling.jpg

The hat is a cloche, if Im not mistaken. There are umpteen versions of it.

LD

Feraud

Bartender
MCPRE said:
Millers Crossing is one of my favorite gangster movies - "la Schmatta", I dont know the actors name but the heavy set fellow with the chubby little boy was fantastic in that movie, the way he would drop his jaw with a look of contemplation was classic. All of the actors were great in that one.
The heavy set actor is the fabulous Jon Polito. He steals every scene in Miller's Crossing starting with his opening monologue regarding ethics among criminals. Perfect dialogue perfectly delivered. Great moustache too.

vintage68

Practically Family
Love Miller's Crossing. Didn't discover it until a few years ago, but now I watch it at least once a year. I use all kinds of phrases from the movie, like "giving me the high hat," and "what's the rumpus?" Classic.

According to an interview that is with the special or anniversary DVD edition of "The Big Lebowski" the Cohen Bros. were working on Miller's Crossing and came up with the idea of TBL for a film noir outing. Joe Polito has a small part in The Big Lebowski as a PI who is looking for a certain runaway from home and her parents want her back. Joe crosses paths with the Dude for a an entertaining and enlightening interlude. He is a strong performer that always makes a great impression.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Feraud said:
The heavy set actor is the fabulous Jon Polito. He steals every scene in Miller's Crossing starting with his opening monologue regarding ethics among criminals. Perfect dialogue perfectly delivered. Great moustache too.

Mr. Polito seems to be a Coen Brothers regular. Though I don't believe he was in Oh Brother Where Art Thou?? The man is an excellent EXCELLENT character actor!!!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
Pirate Radio - funny and fantastic. I loved it.

I did not think I would enjoy that movie, and was dragged along by my father and brother, and I loved it. When the credits rolled, I thanked my dad for taking me against my will lol.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It surprised me, too.

Youth in Revolt, on the other hand, has a few chuckles, but is mostly just boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24