Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

NotsoGolden

New in Town
YES. Someone besides me :D It's wonderful isn't it?

It really was quite a great film. Being from the South myself, it had such a wonderful nostalgia for me. I, of course, have always been told the stories of the "good old days," but to see a period piece that was so nicely done gives weight to those visions of grandeur...

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Mr. District Attorney (1947) with Dennis O'Keefe as newbie assistant DA to Adolph Menjou's Mr. DA. Maguerite Chapman is the Columbia-level femme fatale, and Michael O'Shea as Harrington. Most characters imported from the radio show. Billed as a film noir, but more a murder mystery programmer. Folks get plugged about every ten minutes. Nice db's with display hankerchiefs on every male in camera range.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Had DVR'd Legend of the Lost on AMC. Have to say I rather liked it even though there were some slow spots. One of the few of the Dukes films that I haven't even heard of before. And the Frenchman (Paul Bonnard) in it I think was the inspiration for Rene Belloq of Indiana Jones fame. Almost right down to the clothing. His desert boots looked very surplus Afrika Korps minus the hobnails.

Belloq.jpg
2004-10979.gif

Cheers!

Dan

Old Rogue

Practically Family
We watched Secretariat over the weekend, and my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. I am a sucker for horse movies so I was excited to begin with. The hubby...not so much. But we really enjoyed it so much, I watched it for a second time.
I really liked the scene of the run of the Belmont where he won by 31 lengths. It literally left me speechless because it seemed so impossble.

I remember watching the actual race on TV as a young man. If you like horse racing at all, Secretariat has to hold a special place in your heart!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Love Parade (1929)

Maurice Chevalier's second talking picture had no song hits, way too much gingerbread, and barely any plot. But it's watchable if you're perverse enough to appreciate the 1929 production values, the pace full of long silences, and the unprocessed, echoy sound of the musical numbers. Also, Jeannette MacDonald actually gets to show some sex appeal when she's not singing.

I didn't laugh at this or take it seriously, it was just fun to see.

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Heat A Pacino and Deniro classic. Two of the greatest living American actors who give first class performances in this Cops and Robbers bang,bang shoot em up. Movie time well spent. Great supporting performances by Ashley Judd and a teen age Natalie Portman

Heat A Pacino and Deniro classic. Two of the greatest living American actors who give first class performances in this Cops and Robbers bang,bang shoot em up. Movie time well spent. Great supporting performances by Ashley Judd and a teen age Natalie Portman

I was in LA for an event a block or so away from the movie shoot. A big shoot out scene lots of gunfire.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
RED with Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, and John Malkovich. I laughed my behind off. LOVED it. A perfect blend of action and comedy.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Hijacked (1947) with Jim Davis and a bunch of other folks. A ripped from the headlines drama about the organized crime of stealing whole truckloads of stuff and selling it and then keeping the money. Bleached out print and lots of master shots, with minimum closeups. Sid Melton does what he does so well.

This was on a disc with Mr. District Attorney (see post #7312) and another movie called Ringside, which I started to watch but then decided to pass.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80