Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Man, I need to see that film! (Especially since I've got a lobby card for it.)
Photo36.jpg

I did not even know they had made this film. It came up on This TV which is 5.3 open air in LA.
They tend to repeat films so there is a good chance it will get replayed.

Last edited:

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I did not even know they had made this film. It came up of This TV which is 5.3 open air in LA.

Before TV Dragnet was on radio. This was a good film compared to some of the Dragnet TV episodes and movies that came out in the late 1960's which were a little campy. Another good movie from that period was "He Walked By Night" staring Richard Basehart. Jack Webb is in that movie but he plays the Crime Lab guy. Also if you are interested, Jack Webb had a book out called "Behind The Badge" which profiled several famous cases from the LAPD.

Regards

Kirk H.

Before TV Dragnet was on radio. This was a good film compared to some of the Dragnet TV episodes and movies that came out in the late 1960's which were a little campy. Another good movie from that period was "He Walked By Night" staring Richard Basehart. Jack Webb is in that movie but he plays the Crime Lab guy. Also if you are interested, Jack Webb had a book out called "Behind The Badge" which profiled several famous cases from the LAPD. Regards Kirk H.

I haven't listened to any of the radio shows but have seen some of the B&W Dragnet TV shows. I have Dragnet 1967 and He Walked By Night on DVD. And I have a copy of Behind the Badge which I bought because of an article with Elroy (LA Confidential) where he had talked about reading Behind the Badge and it lead to an obsession with the Black Dahlia case which lead to his writing LA based crime stories.

All in all some good stuff.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I haven't listened to any of the radio shows but have seen some of the B&W Dragnet TV shows. I have Dragnet 1967 and He Walked By Night on DVD. And I have a copy of Behind the Badge which I bought because of an article with Elroy (LA Confidential) where he had talked about reading Behind the Badge and it lead to an obsession with the Black Dahlia case which lead to his writing LA based crime stories.

All in all some good stuff.

You can find the B&W episodes on DVD too. In the early 1950s it was on both radio and TV and some of the radio episodes were done as TV episodes. One of my all time favorite episodes was the Christmas one called "The Big Little Jesus". Like you said all in all some good stuff.

Regards

Kirk H.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I did not even know they had made this film. It came up on This TV which is 5.3 open air in LA.

I should get 5.3 if it's open air (commercial). Thanks, John.

You can find the B&W episodes on DVD too. In the early 1950s it was on both radio and TV and some of the radio episodes were done as TV episodes. One of my all time favorite episodes was the Christmas one called "The Big Little Jesus". Like you said all in all some good stuff.

Regards

Kirk H.

I have several of the original Dragnet episodes on DVD; it appears that there are only so many that were saved. The radio series was pretty good, and I've got all of them on MP3. As you said, "The Little Big Jesus," which I believe was partly filmed at St. Vibiana's in downtown, is a pretty good one, and was repeated on radio and TV several times. What I like about the TV show is the on-location spots that you can still see today, especially our iconic City Hall...

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I should get 5.3 if it's open air (commercial). Thanks, John.

I have several of the original Dragnet episodes on DVD; it appears that there are only so many that were saved. The radio series was pretty good, and I've got all of them on MP3. As you said, "The Little Big Jesus," which I believe was partly filmed at St. Vibiana's in downtown, is a pretty good one, and was repeated on radio and TV several times. What I like about the TV show is the on-location spots that you can still see today, especially our iconic City Hall...

That is cool that you can still see those sites.

Kirk H.

That is a great boon to watching Dragnet when you can spot familiar landmarks in the show. I like in Mad Mad Mad Mad World scenes in Long Beach where you spot places. There are places that I recall that disappeared since I came to California.

City hall in LA once for a long time the tallest building in LA, now it is dwarfed by so many. In the B&W Superman with George Reeves in the origin of Superman they show the Griffith Park Observatory as the home of Jor-el Supermans father.

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
Scream 4 - which I actually really liked and the new version of 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'... awful, awful movie. The original was so much better!

I watched Harry potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 1 which was pretty good. I actually got lost by the film and found I was confused a bit now and then. My friend explained a term that gets used in the books that threw me.

I also watched parts of The Towering Inferno which I had only seen on TV many years ago.

Almost Vintage

One of the Regulars
I watched Harry potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 1 which was pretty good. I actually got lost by the film and found I was confused a bit now and then. My friend explained a term that gets used in the books that threw me.

I also watched parts of The Towering Inferno which I had only seen on TV many years ago.

I thought HP7 part 1 was the best of all of them. It follows the book very closely. Looking forward to part 2 in a few months!

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Les Parapluies du Cherbourg and zut alors, that Catherine Deneuve! Great music by Michel LeGrand and the craziest art direction ever seen.... but somehow, it really works. Directed by Jacques Demy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails