Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Although well made, I thought the movie was more suited to be a Twilight Zone episode...

I'd seen it before, and liked it save for a few plot twists. I'm a big fan of shows like 'Thriller' 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents' and the 'Twilight Zone.' However, this movie isn't as good as those. I get your meaning though..classic twist ending.
X
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Although well made, I thought the movie was more suited to be a Twilight Zone episode...

I'd seen it before, it was ok, but I didn't like some plot twists. I'm a big fan of shows like 'Thriller' 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents' and the 'Twilight Zone.' However, this movie isn't as good as those. I get your meaning though..classic twist ending.
X
BD

djd

Practically Family
Finished watching The Untouchables again last night. It's been a while since I've seen it and I was struck by how wet Costner was in this film. It's a good film but I think he's very poor in it really.... I'm not sure how he ever became a star?

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Finished watching The Untouchables again last night. It's been a while since I've seen it and I was struck by how wet Costner was in this film. It's a good film but I think he's very poor in it really.... I'm not sure how he ever became a star?

I agree he's outclassed in the movie, Sean Connery and Robert DeNiro put him in the shade. Although he redeemed himself slightly in the rooftop scene with Nitti; "he's in the car."

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula again for the first time in ages last night. Very good fun. I still think the scenery was out-acting Keanu, who puts Dick Van Dyke in the shade.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
On Tuesday I saw the Extended Edition Fellowship of the Ring on the big screen. It was awesome and I can't wait to see The Two Towers this Tuesday. However, realizing that Fellowship came out ten years ago made me feel very old.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"David Copperfield," the lavish 1935 MGM adaptation of the Dickens novel, directed by George Cukor. I'm not a particular fan of the MGM approach -- I generally find their pictures just a little too glossy and slick -- but this one really rings the bell. Although the story is condensed quite a bit, and some characters and incidents eliminated entirely, the casting is superb -- Freddie Bartholomew is fine as young David, Basil Rathbone is the best of all possible Murdstones, Roland Young is delightfully slimy as Uriah Heep, and there are plenty of other first-rate character actors around to do their bit. But the highlight of the picture is W. C. Fields as Micawber -- who more than anyone else in the film looks like a Phiz illustration come to life. He plays the role straight, with only a few subtle comic touches, and though he makes no attempt at a British accent he perfectly captures the character. Why he wasn't even nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar is beyond me.

Last edited:

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
The Boat That Rocked

[video=youtube;XnQc3lO4JDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQc3lO4JDs[/video]

[video=youtube;1h1oRP7FfBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h1oRP7FfBw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;LoPamVXU-gM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPamVXU-gM&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;jjBNH4OtnO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjBNH4OtnO8&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The American title is "Pirate Radio". I found it marginally entertaining and enlightening, but it didn't add up to very much. The trailers obscure that it's mostly a coming-of-age story of the teenage kid on the boat... and he's SO the least interesting thing in it. At least it's got good music.

Last edited:

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
The American title is "Pirate Radio". I found it marginally entertaining and enlightening, but it didn't add up to very much. The trailers obscure that it's mostly a coming-of-age story of the teenage kid on the boat... and he's SO the least interesting thing in it. At least it's got good music.

America had freedom of radio from the 1920's onwards whilst in England The BBC ruled, it was very tedious!!!, Church Music and light classical, and the radio shut down at midnight! Radio 1 (BBC) was the first station to broadcast "POP MUSIC " in the very early 1970's

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav