Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No you didn't! :p
Plaid, bell bottom pants, big mustaches, and big lapels PLUS the music?
And foxy mamas? Every era has bad films, I'll agree with you on that point.
We watched Alien Factor the other night (mst3k version), and it was filmed right before Star Wars.
Two films in the same genre, so far apart on style and acting.

No you didn't! :p
Plaid, bell bottom pants, big mustaches, and big lapels PLUS the music?
And foxy mamas? Every era has bad films, I'll agree with you on that point.
We watched Alien Factor the other night (mst3k version), and it was filmed right before Star Wars.
Two films in the same genre, so far apart on style and acting.

Yes I did. :p
I still remember the 70s. I don't have to relive the horror through film. :eeek::eusa_doh:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
To each his own.
Of course you're talking to a man that has burnt orange carpet and wood paneling in his den. :D
The orange carpet will be replaced later this year with a more neutral color.
Of course so will the green semi-shag carpet throughout the house.
If I didn't have a heeler that enjoyed running fits without notice, I'd pull up the carpet and refinish the wood floors.

Marla

A-List Customer
In terms of sartorial style, the early '70s films are less offensive. Though I still wince at Harold's oversized tie in Harold And Maude (1971).

To each his own.
Of course you're talking to a man that has burnt orange carpet and wood paneling in his den. :D
The orange carpet will be replaced later this year with a more neutral color.
Of course so will the green semi-shag carpet throughout the house.
If I didn't have a heeler that enjoyed running fits without notice, I'd pull up the carpet and refinish the wood floors.

Shag carpet?!
I know how Queenslands and ACDs are. :p

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I may be the only person living to have sat thru "Tree Of Life" three times in one day, but I was paid to do it. Some interesting performances and sharply-observed period detail wrapped in a thick gooey layer of pretentious self-indulgent twaddle. But the dinosaurs were kind of neat.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I just watched the new Fright Night film, and have a deep love for the original (which scared the bejesus out of me when I was little) I ended up really enjoying the new film.

Movies today don't ever feel like they're creating a world and this one does, it just works and it doesn't feel like its retreading the original. I highly recommend it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Vampire Circus from 1972.
The strongman in the movie is actually David Prowse, known for portraying Darth Vader (in body only).
If you're a fan of the Hammer Studio's Horrors, you'll love this one.

TCMfan25

Practically Family
What did you think of this one, cause it seemed to be so intent on letting you not know who was the devil that you just ended up not caring in the end. You're like, "Oh its that person, great..."

LD

There is a name that will always put me off seeing a movie affiliated with it... M. Night Shyamalan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters