Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Quite a good film, and contrary to what some people say, I don't think that Alice Faye was mis-cast. See "Where the Sidewalk Ends" if you like Dana Andrews.

Yep, have that one, too. I'm a huge Dana Andrews fan. Love him in Laura, State Fair, and just about anything else he's in. :)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
''Australia'' and ''The Swing Kids'' both of which, are good films, but prefer the swing kids...which i have seen a dozen times.

Wow! "The Swing Kids!" I haven't seen that since high school. We watched it in history class. Just remember thinking it was really intense. Need to look that one up again.

Last movie? "Steamboat Bill, Jr." LOVE Buster. :eusa_clap Still wonder how they did some of those effects...

DesertDan

One Too Many
"Bullit" I added this to my collection, I am a Steve McQueen fan and this disk came with a very good documentary feature as well.

"Tremors" another of my favorite films, I picked up the "Attack Pack" that contains all four movies. The first one is definitely the best.
"Broke into the wrong G____MN rec room didn't ya, ya b_____d!!" :D :eusa_clap

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Vera Drake (again) - I think Mike Leigh handled the subject matter with incredible subtlety and pathos, it could easily have tipped over into mawkish melodrama. Mind you the superb cast did brilliant work.

The period details are amazing. 1950's working class britain comes alive. But then i would expect nothing less of Mr Leigh.

Mr slick

Familiar Face
Wow! "The Swing Kids!" I haven't seen that since high school. We watched it in history class. Just remember thinking it was really intense. Need to look that one up again.

Last movie? "Steamboat Bill, Jr." LOVE Buster. :eusa_clap Still wonder how they did some of those effects...
Yes, very intense film, with a great soundtrack, and some swing history thrown in for good measure :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR