Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

I'm afraid I'm going to bawl my eyes out, thus I will wait until it comes out on DVD so I can cry in the comfort of my home with a box of tissues nearby!

My wife, son and his girlfriend went. 2/4 of us cried. One wasn't my wife! I really liked it. My wife thought it was "typical Disney" which to some extent, OK, it was. But that said, Spielberg did a lovely job with it and the cast was great. The WWI scenes are beautiful, but hard to watch at times. I admittedly am more sensitive to the subject of war having just visited Normandy, Fr. It truly makes you appreciate history, and humbles one terribly. I know some historians will jump all over some of the scenes during battles, but I didn't see it for historical accuracy. It was a movie I could watch over and over. It's too bad it didn't get pushed before the holiday break. It's a good movie for the season I think...

Last edited:

george

New in Town
Javier! I just watched it (It's a Wonderful Life) last night with my family. Yes it's a Christmas classic but it would also happen to be one of my all-time favorites of any genre! What a film.

Last edited:

Joeffrey Herra

New in Town
Just watched this at Starbucks via youtube before hitting the mall for post X-mas returns. It's a Russian foreign movie subtitled english
"The Steamroller and the Violin" ( Каток и скрипка, translit. Katok i skripka), 1960 Directed: Tarkovsky , screenplay Konchalovsky & Tarkovsky.
it's a good family film short.

RBH

Bartender
Right now, again.
Bogart.
883929176151.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
I always enjoy Treasure of the Sierra Madre, "Can you stake a fellow American to a meal.."

Watched Inglourious Basterds again last night. The film could have used some judicious editing but that wouldn't be QT's way..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot