Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Lord Brett

New in Town
The Professionals (on DVD), one of the last really great Hollywood westerns, made in 1966, starring Burt Lancaster and Lee Marvin. Not one that the critics rave about, but really solid, beautifully shot entertainment with great dialogue.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Noteworthy adaptation, especially considering that it's a MGM sanitized version of the book. But have you seen the 1942 Italian version, Ossessione? Now that one pulls few punches...

I wasn't aware there was an Italian version but as a fan of good foreign cinema I'll put it on my "To See" list - thanks for the heads up!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Trouble in Paradise, wonderful film with great dialogue and sets, there is something about those 1930s sophisticated comedies.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Real Genius - One of my (few) favorite "teen" movies.

"I was just thinking about the immortal words of Socrates who said............I drank what?" :D

evil-brain-from-outer-space.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Especially the version I saw. After the movie, went to Evil Dead the Musical......and got covered, literally, by gallons of theatrical blood from the various chainsaw/hatchet/knife scenes in the "splatter zone"

That sounds wonderful. I have been gagging to see that ever since it was first announced. Bought the soundtrack on day of UK release... I love it. It appears that they have combined the lots of the first two films (of course, the first twenty minutes of II was essentially a recap on the first, albeit that the group was cut down to just Ash and his girl), with all the best lines from the third thrown in. Wonderful. I have heard rumours it is coming to the UK, but nothing concrete yet.... My favourite numbers are Cabin in the Woods and, especially, All the men in my life keep getting killed by Candarian demons".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot