Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
After all these years I finally watched Mommie Dearest last weekend. Crawford's daughter paints an extremely cruel and traumatic childhood picture. Very good performances in the film.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Jaws.jpg

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Just finished watching "Twelve O'Clock High", starring Gregory Peck.

Just picked this up on disk, and can't wait to revisit it... such a great film.

Last night... DVD of Side by Side - master film makers interviewed by Keanu Reeves about the changes in movie making tech over the years, and the current take-over of digital. Great stuff, with a bonus disk featuring four hours of interveiws.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Last night, Iron Man 3. Lots of action, Downey makes the show with his flip performance as Stark; the rapid cuts during some of the action scenes made the viewing unenjoyable. Filled with enough references to the other Marvel characters and films to keep your interest.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just finished watching "Twelve O'Clock High", starring Gregory Peck.

Best movie of the Mighty 8th Air Force ever made... Period. Great film with one of the best arse chewing of a subordinate by a commander ever filmed.

"As far as I'm concerned you're yellah with a streak down you back a mile wide!"

"I'm gonna get your face down in the mud and trompel it!"

Man what a film.

Worf

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched Jack Reacher the other night. I really liked it. My wife reads the Lee Child books and she liked it, too- but commented frequently about how Reacher is supposed to be a huge man and Tom Cruise is not.

Since some "new" movies have been mentioned, I'll go with Star Trek Into Darkness which I saw yesterday. I've been a Trek fan since the original series first aired in 1966; it isn't the Star Trek I grew up watching, but I know it's not supposed to be. That said, there was one scene that made me want to punch J.J. Abrams in the face, but if you're looking for a decent "sci-fi/action/popcorn" movie you could do worse.

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Going to see it on Thursday, and looking forward to it.. I liked the first of this, er 'reboot'. I'm not a trekkie, but I did grow up with it, so have a soft spot for it, cheesy though it is. I think they have captured the characters of the original series very well with this cast.

It will be interesting to see what Abrams does with Star Wars... something I was a huge fan of.

Since some "new" movies have been mentioned, I'll go with Star Trek Into Darkness which I saw yesterday. I've been a Trek fan since the original series first aired in 1966; it isn't the Star Trek I grew up watching, but I know it's not supposed to be. That said, there was one scene that made me want to punch J.J. Abrams in the face, but if you're looking for a decent "sci-fi/action/popcorn" movie you could do worse.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Just for the record, I am boycotting the Star Trek film. I didn't like the 2009 film, and I have no interest in throwing any more money at this new dumbed-down Trek-lite.

I watched Trek since the very first broadcast in 1966 and have been a faithful fan ever since. But Abrahms' Trek just isn't my Trek. I am not interested in another terrorists-on-Earth action movie dressed up as Trek. What happened to the Trek that was about an exploratory vessel at the edge of known space meeting new life forms? The Trek that had philosophical and metaphysical concerns? That showed Starfleet as a meritocracy where it was all about talent and skill, not yet another cult-of-personality action showcase?

Anyway, I'm not surprised to discover that it "underperformed to box office expectations on opening weekend" - I can't be the only old-school Trekker who feels that Abrahms' take on the saga is misguided...

Luckily, the awful Star Wars prequel trilogy soured me on Wars completely, so I really could care less what a mess Abrahms makes of the next Star Wars film... But dismantling Gene Roddenberry's concept of Star Trek is something I take very personally!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui